Zygor Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Poll

So I just took a poll that made me feel as if I was in a terrible relationship with a passive aggressive partner.

Do you think Zygor should use a beta to ship out early content? Hell yeah!

Do you think Zygor should allow people to opt out of that option? Of course.

Why did the devs even ask these questions? If they read the threads (which they do) they would (and do) know that this idea has been passed along for quite sometime now. Asking questions about whether people should be forced to use beta material seems ridiculous to me.

Come on Zygor! I have been with you for a few years now and even bought the original guides for a lot of cash. I do support you, but stop this passive/aggressive nonsense. You KNOW that 2 months is too long to produce material for an MMO like WoW . . . you know people want early access even if it isn't polished. Questionnaires like this just make you seem out of touch and trying to justify being so damn late with your releases.

I had 3 characters leveled up before you even started the 110 Suramar guide. My professions were at 800 for weeks before you guides were released. And when they were released? They just said "buy this pattern" then make it from lvl 700 to 800 . . . or even worse . . . the tailoring guide said "grind rep", then buy the pattern . . . so I checked out the rep guide it was equally empty. I know content this sparse doesn't take that long to produce.

Again, I support you guys and will keep my subscription because I use the older guide a ton . . . but you guys have really screwed up with Legion. Poor content, wrong content and glacial slow releases. I mean, you still don't even have all the world quests in the guide . . .

-Jim

We appreciate your feedback. We've always tried to be more transparent than a lot of companies which is why we often let customers into ideas we're thinking about and allow them to give direct input on it. For Warlords of Draenor, we had almost every guide updated on Day One, but it was rushed, and as a result the quality of the guides suffered. This was the release the majority of customers felt was "poor" or "wrong" content. By comparison, for Legion we had about half of the major content done, but we consider it some of our finest and most polished work. The consensus has been in relative agreement on that front, so I'm not sure why your opinion is contrary to that and would love to hear what issues you've had with the guides we've released so far so we could look into it for you. The downside of our newer method of making the guides higher quality is they're a little slower to release, so we're trying to strike a balance between the old and new method. This is why we had the survey, to see how people would feel about the ideas we're tossing around.

You did mention some things about Professions, but most of your critiscm seems mostly with the design of the game itself. For example, buying patterns and crafting them to reach 800 is indeed often the best and fastest way to reach skill cap for many professions. If that's how Blizzard design things to be we can't really make the guide any different or else it will no longer be the most efficient way. Which reputation was it in the Tailoring guide that you saw empty content for?
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; October 28, 2016, 11:37 AM.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
    X