Vagueness in directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vagueness in directions

There's a fair number of places in the guide, especially in Highmountain, where it says

Go here.
    Go inside.
    Go up.
    Go inside.

And I look at my map and minimap, trying to figure out WHERE I'm supposed to go. That is not helpful at all. Please be more specific.

Please follow the arrow to know where to go.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by rbrucecom View Post
      There's a fair number of places in the guide, especially in Highmountain, where it says

Go here.
      Go inside.
      Go up.
      Go inside.

And I look at my map and minimap, trying to figure out WHERE I'm supposed to go. That is not helpful at all. Please be more specific.
      I have to agree with the OP. In many areas it's easy to sort out, but the vagueness in areas like highmountain, where there aren't a lot of intermediate navigation points for some quests, difficult to find. This is especially true for world quests where there are no points between where you are and where you need to be. It would be great if the "go here" "go inside" etc were more descriptive e.g. go right at road fork.

I've also noticed a lot of the directions being reversed i.e. the navigation points are right but it says "go up path" when in fact you are heading down the path. Overall it gets the job done, but it could use someone playing thru it again and catching all the errors.

Comment

The routing already got a lot better with the last guide updates.
        The problem is that WoW has no Z coordinates for vertical information so the guide often needs several waypoints on the way to the target.
        Sometimes when you don't strictly follow the path (perhaps you saw a treasure or an ore) you then may have a wrong waypoint set so that you go back instead of getting closer to the target. You can then manually click a waypoint on the map to set it as the next target.

At the moment I'm doing the Suramar guide and travelling there is pure horror. But so far the guide did a very good job directing me to the targets. Apart from a few occasions where I left the path on my own or had to avoid patrols there.

Comment

We try to keep the travel instructions brief so it's quick to read, and because the arrow itself is already pointing you where you need to go, so it's not clear to us why the instructions would need to be more verbose. However, if this is something you'd like to see changed you should add it to our User Feedback: http://zygorguides.com/members/feedback
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

It's like some of the leather quests. I'm supposed to see some Tauren about leather working, and it says take elevator and go here. It does NOT tell me that he's in the middle level, not the bottom level, and if I go the direction the arrow is pointing it takes me to a dead end instead of telling me to go back left and around so I CAN go right. Or the treasure I'm supposed to get for the quest, but I go where it says, and there's a mountain in my way. Don't know if there's a cave, secret entrance, if it's above me or below me... So yes, it needs to be more verbose at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
              We try to keep the travel instructions brief so it's quick to read, and because the arrow itself is already pointing you where you need to go, so it's not clear to us why the instructions would need to be more verbose. However, if this is something you'd like to see changed you should add it to our User Feedback: http://zygorguides.com/members/feedback
              Because in a number of cases, there is no straight route following the arrow. It can require a log jog around the mountain or the use of a very specific path but the directions don't mention this. If you run at it using the arrow, you may run into a wall that can't be gotten around.

Comment

Working...
              X