Gear suggestions off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear suggestions off

pretty sure gear suggestions are broken its telling me to equip items that are horrible compared to my current gear turned it off for now as I'm sure this is waaay down on your to do list just wanted to make a note.

Thanks,
    Slandaro

What class/spec are you? Also, can you tell us what it was trying to equip and what you had equipped?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

MM hunter and wow lemme see if I still have any of the lower power stuff one sec... checking vendor since I sold it so it would stop putting on me before I turned off suggestions it was a few items that were crap compared to what ihad.. finding vendor now hopefully gears still on him... damn sorry the gears long gone but it was like ilvl 670 stuff trying to replace my 720 items with pretty much everything negative in comparison by quite amargin and it was on almost any item with lower ilvl than my current gear always much worse stats... if It happens again ill revise and link ill have to turn gear suggestions back on temporarily.. will keep in touch. found an example it wants me to wear "thornbrace boots" with my "fel-chain boots" by doing so I would lose 9 ilvls as well as -81 crit strike -31 stam -107 versatility -20 armor and -7 agility just to gain a lower level item only thing better on it out of that huge list was +160 mastery hope that helps kinda hard to explain and I'm not aware if items are linkable outside of game.
      Last edited by slandaro; August 30, 2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

What do you have for the gear suggestion section of the guide viewer settings?

Comment

well ive tried a combo of things experimental scoring on and off.. right now I only have gear suggestions on nonething else still suggesting way off gear.oh I do have highlight suggesting upgrades and under suggest gear from everything clicked. heres another example if it helps just suggested ilvl705 "whitewater gloves"(sorry don't know if you can carry a link to a web page) as an upgrade to replace "thornbrace gauntlets" if I did I would lose -3 armor -14 agility -19 stamina 24 cri strike and 99 versatility just to lower my ilvl and gain a lousy 110 haste which hardly seems all those other losses not to mention the ilvl.. trying to give you all the info I can its doing this for pretty much every suggestion I have it suggesting now nothing else but I'm turning them all down. sorry again I know this is way down on your major issue list.

Hope that clarify's

Slandaro
          Last edited by slandaro; August 30, 2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

ok this be long but lets narrow it down to nothing but gear suggestions on( no atuoequip ect) and hunter MM spec highlet seggestions. pm dungeons and raids all selected. that's literally it but ive tried many combo's none suggest correct gear

Comment

side note 20 years IT experience I'm not new to this stuff it has to be something in the way they recoded gear. thatd be my guess because ive even tried selecting ONLY enable gear suggestions and it still f's up. I'm not anoob I program I have done networking for 20+ years ive lived and breathed computer I.T. since I was 18. convinced its not on my side is no one else having this issue?

Comment

No, it is not just you. Same settings and I have similar issues as a fury warrior.
                It keeps suggesting straight downgrades (-10 or more ilvl, less of every stat except one). It seems to be when a certain stat is given a lot (say about 100), and everything else downgrades, it for some reason puts more weight on that single stat upgrade even though the total result is a clear downgrade.

Comment

thanks redbat you explained it better than me yes that's basically the issue thanks again

Comment

We are investigating this to see if we can determine what's causing it and get it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by slandaro View Post
                      MM hunter and wow lemme see if I still have any of the lower power stuff one sec... checking vendor since I sold it so it would stop putting on me before I turned off suggestions it was a few items that were crap compared to what ihad.. finding vendor now hopefully gears still on him... damn sorry the gears long gone but it was like ilvl 670 stuff trying to replace my 720 items with pretty much everything negative in comparison by quite amargin and it was on almost any item with lower ilvl than my current gear always much worse stats... if It happens again ill revise and link ill have to turn gear suggestions back on temporarily.. will keep in touch. found an example it wants me to wear "thornbrace boots" with my "fel-chain boots" by doing so I would lose 9 ilvls as well as -81 crit strike -31 stam -107 versatility -20 armor and -7 agility just to gain a lower level item only thing better on it out of that huge list was +160 mastery hope that helps kinda hard to explain and I'm not aware if items are linkable outside of game.
                      We're not seeing anything on our end that should cause that to happen with our default item scoring values. Try clicking the reset button under the item scores in the option sunder Gear Suggestions. It should look like this:

If you don't see those files, try deleting your entire Zygor Guides Viewer folder from inside AddOns and reinstalling to make sure you're getting the latest version.

As you can see, based on that scoring it should be suggesting the "fel-chain boots".We ran tests on this ourselves and got the following results:

Chat commands you can check yourself:

/dump ZGV.ItemScore:GetItemScore("item:138175:0:0:0:0:0: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0")
                      /dump ZGV.ItemScore:GetItemScore("item:130002:0:0:0:0:0: 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0")

Results:
                      Fel Chain Boots scored 3854
                      Thornbrace Boots scored 2725
                      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

ok trying that now sorry power was out all day so just now getting this.. will let you know.

Comment

weird tried full reinstall removing settings from wtf account and removing zygorguidesviewer from addon. reset in gear still suggesting junk over nicer items it isn't even close its weird.

Comment

Can you run those chat commands that Zygor Admin posted and let us know the results you get?

Comment

unfortunately by the time I got this the items I had were gone guessing those are item specific and also guessing the gear system doesn't take in account things that have procs like trinkets or does it? because that may explain what I'm seeing. in otherwords its prolly fine just not taking into accounts that add procs that increase dps. but I'm not sure just how your scoring system works. I could give you another item or two and save them to run commands on if you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                              X