Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear advisor lua error & no waypoint

Hey,

I juts started a worgen druid, and whenever I want to change the spec of the gear advisor, I get lua errors and my spec is reverted after a reload. This also happens with my 100 paladin dwarf and 18 panda monk.

Also, waypoints dont work in the gilneas starting area. It doesnt find a rout, only shows the step in the viewer and a red circle with a cross in it at the arrow.

I updated to the latest version, Repaired, reinstalled and removed the savedvariables but it still happens.

the error when i click on the gear suggestion options:

Message: ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1134: attempt to call method 'SetButtonText' (a nil value)
    Time: 07/22/16 12:28:57
    Count: 1
    Stack: (tail call): ?
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1134: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1055>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1082: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1055>
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1603: in function `FeedGroup'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1883: in function `Open'
    ...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1911: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:1909>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
    (tail call): ?
    ...ace\AddOns\AddOnSkins\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:314: in function `Fire'
    ...GUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:20: in function <...GUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIContainer-BlizOptionsGroup.lua:19>
    [C]: in function `Show'
    Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:28: in function `InterfaceOptionsList_DisplayPanel'
    Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:46: in function `InterfaceOptionsListButton_OnClick'
    [string "*:OnClick"]:2: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals: <none>

UPDATE: Gear advisor seems to remeber my spec now that I changed y spec, but I have to reloadui to let it see my spec change. Waypoints still dont work in gilneas. It still gives me lua errors when I click on gear suggestions in the zygor options menu.

Waypoints work with the rest of my characters.
    Last edited by moepkid; July 22, 2016, 05:29 AM.

The Gilneas waypoint problem has already been reported and is on the list to be looked into.
    Blizzard often messed around with interlan zone IDs for Gilneas and that breaks the travel system.

About the gear advisor, do you still get that LUA error? And did you try with all other addons disabled?

Comment

I had the same problem, and the import section was not showing. I disabled all other addons and it fixed the problem. I'll give an update when I figure out which addon specifically was causing the conflict.

Comment

I checked the gear advisor.
        I got the same LUA error when going into the gear advisor settings section but when I only enable the Zygor addon it goes away. It seems to come from an outdated Ace library being loaded by another addon.

The gear advisor seems to notice a specilization change as it immediately asked to replace both weapons with a weapon and a shield when switchting from fury to protection warrior.

What does not automatically change is the item score setting of the gear advisor. I don't think I currently have a character I can quickly check if something does not work because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by lanrion View Post
          I had the same problem, and the import section was not showing. I disabled all other addons and it fixed the problem. I'll give an update when I figure out which addon specifically was causing the conflict.
          The LUA error might give you a hint, in moepkid's case it seems to be an addon called "AddOnSkins" that loads the Ace3 library.

As a workaround it often helps to install the Ace3 library as separate addon.
          You can get a current version here:
          http://www.wowace.com/addons/ace3/files/

Comment

Strange, with only the Zygor addon and the most current Ace3 as sperate addon I get that LUA error again.
            It seems as if the Zygor addon has a modified Ace3 or at least a version where something is different.

Comment

Ok, to clarify -- I got a LUA error when clicking on Gear Suggestions in the settings, and the import option was not showing. After a bit of toggling different addons on and off I discovered the conflict I have is with Recount, and with Badpet. Having either of those loaded causes the LUA error when going into Gear Suggestions settings, and Badpet additionally causes the import section to not show.

I can do without those other addons for now so I'll keep them off until the conflict gets fixed.

Comment

I found out that somehow, XCT causes the error when I enable it again. I hope xct will get updated soon

Comment

Working...
                X