Way early, but valid question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way early, but valid question:

With the release of the ESO guides with an elite membership, I say congratulations! I'm glad you're branching out from more than just WoW again.

Although it does raise a few points that I'm curious about:
    A. Since I so intermittently play ESO or WoW, the elite membership has never really been something I've wanted to pay for. Dual subbing both the game and a guide just to enjoy the game for a week or 2 isn't in my best interest. I understand I'm just one individual, so no hard feelings one way or the other. Business must move forward.

B. The actual question to A... >_> At some point in the guide's timeline do you plan to release a flat fee for it for the game's current content? Of course releasing new guides with new expansions for a fee when they release?

C. The reason I ask this is because these are both games I do return to every now and then to enjoy for a little bit. Test out new characters. Do things of that sort. Even if "subbing" for a month could be cheaper than a flat guide fee, returning every other month and needing to resub just to get the guide content updated as well would prove tedious (even if minor) and, over time, more expensive.

D. No matter the response, I do enjoy the guides I do currently have and thanks for making them!

At this point there are no plans to return to or re-incorporate a one-time purchase system like we had in the past.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The subscription option better matches the ongoing work required to keep the guides up to date. For similar reasons Blizzard charges a sub for their maintenance, we charge a sub to cover the research, writing, optimization, and testing involved in making guides for an ever changing game. Flat fees work only for products you can create once and never have to update. We have no plans to sell any of our current or future guides for a flat fee as our vision is to expand Zygor Elite into an extensive membership service that covers a broad catalog of games. We will still be maintaining one time fees for guide upgrades though, such as the upcoming Legion expansion.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
      X