OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on Zygor Guide and why I'm unsubscribing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on Zygor Guide and why I'm unsubscribing!

Bear with me, I'm not hating on the guide, but this is just my thoughts on the guide. Everyone has their own opinion about this guide, well, these are mine. Feel free to read them.

Gold Guide:
    I thought the zygor gold auction guide was legit, but when I tested it with a friend, where we used 2 different characters and scan the AH at the same time using the "scan" button provided by zygor, the items that showed up on our zygor
    auction page ARE DIFFERENT!! This is absurd! I was expecting the items to be the same!

Yes I did make profit but only a few hundreds gold, on top of that this is within a few days time. Hell, I could farm 5k Gold a day without this guide. Also, most of the items that are suggested by zygor to be snatched on the AH are the items that people won't buy, yes I did set the difficulty to Easy. In fact I've tried every difficulty. I'm disappointed as the gold guide isn't that much of help in making gold.

Rep/Mount:
    Aside from the gold guide, other guides such as rep/mount, are pretty useless as well, for instance, I wanted to buy a traveller mammoth (the mount where you could sell/repair your stuff). So I clicked on the mount guide where it asks me to head over to Dalaran, and it told me I could get it way cheaper if I am exalted with kirin tor, Click here". So, I clicked it I thought it was gonna take me to do some quests which would help way more in farming the kirin tor rep. But instead, all it does is telling me to get the kirin tor tabard and grind the rep from WotlK dungeons... Come on Zygor! This is useless, I already know most of these stuffs!

Leveling guide:
    No complain, well designed.

Farming Guide:
    I do like the fact where it tells you how much you looted based on the AH Price & where it tells you where to farm. But again, you could get these stuffs for free with Loot Appraiser & TSM combined.

Achieve Guide:
    Loving it, it tells you where to go and what to do without having to look at wowhead.

Hope my thought about the guide helped those who are thinking to buy the gold guide. It might be worth it if the price is way lower.

I'm thinking the gold guide difference that you saw for what was listed for you and your friend might have been because of the amount of gold you each had on the character looking at the gold guide. If one of you had 1k gold and the other had 10k gold (for examples) you would see different listings because the one with 10k gold would be able to purchase higher priced items. The gold guide tries to be smart with that and only display items that you can afford.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I understand that, but I would suggest filtering out those items which won't sell fast (filter them out by the daily demands). Because some items that the gold guide recommend us to buy, won't even sell until the next few days after you buy 'em and the price of the item decrease after that. Which in turn, you lose profit instead of gaining them. Again, this is just a suggestion.

Comment

You can filter them out by going into easy mode. It will only show items that have high demand on your realm.

Comment

"Also, most of the items that are suggested by zygor to be snatched on the AH are the items that people won't buy, yes I did set the difficulty to Easy."

Comment

When I did my own personal testing for the Auctions section of the gold guide I simply purchased everything that had a gain of 100% or higher and used whatever default method/price that Zygor set for listing it back on the AH. I ignored what the item was, what color the dot was, stack size, etc. and just blindly purchased and sold as long as the gain was 100% or higher (on easy). The vast majority of the items would sell (maybe not right away) and I did make a profit of roughly 1k gold per day for a total of 15 minutes of time spent each day.

So even tho you think people won't want to buy them, there's always someone out there that will.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
            X