OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I missing quests off the optimal path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I missing quests off the optimal path?

Heya everyone.

First off, I love the Zygor guides. I am a complete WoW noob (yeah I know, how is that possible after 12 years) and started playing a few weeks ago. I'm leveling my Blood Elf Paladin, which is at level 62 now. What I was wondering about is if I am missing stuff because I only follow the Zygor guides. I'm thinking about class quests, about Horde sprcific quests from Ogrimmar ("Meeting the Warchief" seems to be a quest that Sylvanas gives you in the Undercity). Also I noticed one quest that popped up automatically at 60 to tell me about flying mounts. I just bought one in Outland and abandoned that quest. Also, from searching these forums I found out about something called "Legendary Quests", which you can apparently find under the achievements sections of the Zygor guides.

In any case, I am a bit confused. This is my first playthrough, I want to experience the full story even if I had to go out of my way for a few quests. Among all these class quests, horde quests, legendary quests, etc. I get that they are not part of the zone specific leveling guides. I understand that these guides here only show one optimal path, so it won't send me to do some off missions somewhere. Still, for my first playthrough: Am I missing something If I just follow the Zygor guide from zone to zone? Can I find all these other quests in another Zygor guide, hidden under the achievement section or something? Should I go back to Silvermoon or Ogrimmar once in a while?

Also, even within a zone, I notice that the guide completely skips some quests. I mean that sometimes there is a second quest a quest giver would give me or there is another quest giver standing around that the Zygor guide completely ignores. It doesn't even tell you to pick them up. One example from the top off my head would be a quest I picked up in the Hellfire Peninsula, which was about taking three strongholds in the middle of the map for the Horde. Apparently that is some PvP thing and I understand why it isn't included in the guide that tries to give you the optimal route. Still, I wonder if I missed quest givers that would have given me interesting quests (for me interesting means quests that give you lore and additional story). Is there a Zygor guide that lists those or will make sure that I do not miss anything important.

tl;dr
    Is there a Zygor guide for quests that are not within a specific leveling zone? Should I manually go back and do stuff in Silvermoon/Ogrimmar if I want to experience a full first play-through? What about class quests?

I guess in the sense of missing quests that might contain other lore or story, yes you are missing some with just using the guides. A lot of the quests that we skip over are things like PvP quests, group oriented quests, and dungeon quests. Now we do have dungeon guides so you can always go back and get most of those dungeon quests done. You can also go back and go for the Loremaster achievement and by the time you are done with that you will have done the vast majority of the quests in the game. The Legendary quest stuff you can't think about doing until you hit 100 but that is in there for when you get to that point. Some of the other things that are missed (like that automatic one for getting your flying mount) are breadcrumb quests which are simply the game's way of trying to get you from one questing hub to the next questing hub ("I heard this NPC could use some help" type of quests) and really don't have any major impact on the story.

So yes you will miss some story stuff but you should still be able to experience most of the story following the guides. The only real way to make sure you get all of the story is to not use any guides and do every single quest you can find. It will take a long time to do and it could result in you doing quests that give no experience because you will out-level the zones pretty quickly while doing every quest.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
    X