OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zygor guide is getting me fps drops from 110 to 30 29 then back up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oki. just gonne thru a lfr in windowed full mode, went as fire mage to see iff all the graphic etc made any difference. all ok with fps @ 55-80. no hickup no nothing. im gonna keep testing the other AddOns to see what is makeing this drop.

Comment

Thanks for all of the testing. It should help a lot.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

oki. im thru the trying of all my AddOns and failing AddOns are found:
        autioneer and ovale. both failed under testing on dummies and in raid.
        running without them fps dropped abit under kazzak raid, but never under 15, and that was just a little second. no hickups and so on,
        i have made a video on how this was looking incase you are curious

but!! i installed buggrabber and bugsack and it came up with a zygor bug:
        1x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'ZygorGuidesViewer' tried to call the protected function 'MultiBarBottomLeft:Hide()'.
        !BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:573: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:573>
        [C]: in function `Hide'
        FrameXML\MultiActionBars.lua:41: in function `MultiActionBar_Update'
        FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsPanels.lua:1270: in function `setFunc'
        FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsPanels.lua:90: in function <FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsPanels.lua:86>
        [C]: in function `pcall'
        FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:217: in function <FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:216>
        [C]: in function `securecall'
        FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:252: in function <FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsFrame.lua:248>

Locals:

not sure if thats zygor or if its the Bug Grabber

list of AddOns used successfully:
        addonlist page 1
        addonlist page 2
        addonlist page 3
        addonlist page 4
        Last edited by pitbullberg; June 19, 2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

That looks like a taint, another addon having a problem but it gets passed on thru a few other addons until one of them (Zygor in this case) catches it and reports it. We do not try to do anything with hiding the hotbars which is that first line in the error so I'm guessing one of the addons is having a minor conflict with your UI or hotbar addon but both of them are just ignoring the error and when it gets to us we catch it. BugGrabber just happens to be showing that error because I'm guessing that you normally have those errors hidden in the Blizzard settings so you didn't see it until you put BugGrabber in place. BugGrabber and BugSack should not be giving any issues with Zygor as it's what I use for handling errors and never had a problem with them.

If you're able to get that error to appear reliably then try leaving BugGrabber, Zygor, and your UI addon enabled and disable the other addons to see if you can get all 3 of them to work without the error and then start adding in addons again to see if the error comes back. Also, make sure you are only using release versions of addons and not alpha or beta versions.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I'm having the same issue as everyone reported. On UI load, FPS drops to 10 ~ 13 and stays there while Zygor loads its ridiculous 190MB. Time varies, but it is always slow. Tried doing the reset and using a "pure" Zygor with no other addons, but still lags on load. Also, BugSack/Grabber is catching a huge number of errors regarding the arrow, specificaly a ShowError() "nil" value error. I have zero idea on what this error is, but appearently is is calling an empty method. It happens after any UI reload, on instance loads/unloads and zone changes.

EDIT:

Here is the error
            1906x ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2497: attempt to call method 'ShowError' (a nil value)
            ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2497: in function `ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common'
            ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1905: in function <ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1901>

Locals:
            self = <table> {
            Startup = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:104
            ArrowFrame_SetAlpha = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2981
            SetBasePhase = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:383
            DestinationWaypoint = <table> {
            }
            ArrowFrame_Proto_GetDistTxt = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2711
            calc_angles = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3730
            widths_cache = <table> {
            }
            MapFloors = <table> {
            }
            GetNextInPath = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3322
            ArrowFrame_OnClick = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2745
            heretime = 0
            antphase = 0
            current_waypoint = <table> {
            }
            waypoints_ants = <table> {
            }
            SetupArrow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1318
            frame_minimap_functions = <table> {
            }
            CreateArrowFrame = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1300
            SetCorpseArrow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3124
            phasedMaps = <table> {
            }
            HideArrow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:705
            ArrowFrame_Proto_GetFarText = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2701
            GetDefaultStepDist = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1953
            ArrowFrameControl_OnUpdate = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1901
            ShowWaiting = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:592
            ClearSets = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4172
            ClearWaypoints = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:642
            ArrowFrame_OnUpdate_Common = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2160
            closingdist = 38.037763444414
            ArrowFrame = ZygorGuidesViewerPointerArrow_Midnight {
            }
            curve_spacing = 287.29166641235
            ArrowFrameCtrl = ZygorGuidesViewerPointer_ArrowCtrl {
            }
            ArrowFrame_HideSpellArrow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2046
            unusedMarkers = <table> {
            }
            RemoveWaypoint = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:663
            ArrowSkinDir = "ZygorGuidesViewer\Arrows\midnight"
            CurrentArrowSkin = <table> {
            }
            SetAntSpacing = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4085
            TestPOIs = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4742
            waypoint_tostring = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:394
            frame_worldmap_functions = <table> {
            }
            Debug_FreeWorldMapScale = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4682
            CacheFloors = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:91
            DoAutoTravel = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4444
            Debug = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4678
            SetWaypointByCommandLine = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4629
            SetArrowToFirstCompletableGoal = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4612
            waypoints = <table> {
            }
            DoCorpseCheck = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:3111
            IsCorpseArrowNeeded = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:1807
            Overlay_OnUpdate = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2997
            ArrowFrame_OnShow = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2733
            pointsets = <table> {
            }
            CycleWaypointTo = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4589
            ArrowFrame_SetScale = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:2985
            CycleWaypoint = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4513
            QuestPOI_PointToMe = <function> defined @ZygorGuidesViewer\Pointer.lua:4481
            RemoveWaypointFromS
            Last edited by xvienna; June 22, 2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

xylenna, which arrow skin are you using? A tiny patch for this particular error is out, we didn't catch it because hardly anyone uses all the other arrow skins anymore. Thanks for a nice report!

Comment

I am using the midnight arrow skin, I love the small dot that appears to help center the arrow.

EDIT: Also, I stopped getting that error! Thank you!
                Last edited by xvienna; June 24, 2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

My turn to add something to this thread to help out.
                  My FPS issues is within any profession window.

After loading in I get the usual 5-10secs of low FPS due to Zygor loading up then it is all back to normal.
                  Once I click a profession; this does the same on any profession excluding Archeology, there is a couple seconds of largely reduced FPS all the while the window looks empty, once this settles the profession list shows up but I find myself at the very bottom of the list.

Thats the 1st FPS drop.

The second is when I try to search for a specific item in the profession.
                  I click into the search field and start typing - immediately there is a huge fps drop. This FPS drop is for EVERY character I type.
                  Eg. In Tailoring Search
                  B > FPS DROP > o > FPS DROP > l > FPS DROP > t > FPS DROP.

The FPS drop also occurs when backspacing on each character in the search field.

Notes.
                  1. This is all done with only Zygors being loaded.
                  2. Tested with Zygors showing and being hidden.
                  3. Full reinstalls and clearing of savedvariables have been done.

Comment

the fps drops already fixed i bought a new cpu from i7 3770k to i7 4790k and the loading of the guide is mutch quicker now

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver33 View Post
                      the fps drops already fixed i bought a new cpu from i7 3770k to i7 4790k and the loading of the guide is mutch quicker now
                      I don't think that this particular CPU upgrade alone brings a significant performance increase.
                      It could also be a RAM upgrade, a fresh Windows installation or a HDD upgrade or even switching to a SSD.

There may be other reasons for performance problems when using the profession window. Addons that replace the profession windows like Skillet for example caused the professions window to be very sluggish due to the addons pulling recipe data from the WoW server and scanning them.

I currently can't reproduce performance problems with the professions window but that may be due to my PC having enough power and RAM.
                      Maybe those with performance problems can include some information about the PC like CPU, RAM and graphics card and how much memory WoW uses (task manager).

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                        Maybe those with performance problems can include some information about the PC like CPU, RAM and graphics card and how much memory WoW uses (task manager).
                        CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz
                        RAM: 16GB Dual Channel @ 800Mhz
                        GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB

Mem Usage: 1959MB

I must reiterate that this ONLY happens with Zygors whether it is with or without other addons present.

Comment

PC specs look good and should not be the problem then.
                          Two things you can try come into my mind.
                          First the graphics mode, WoW has the best performance running in fullscreen mode, windowed modes (windowed and windowed fulscreen) have lower FPS in general.
                          And the other thing is Antivirus software. Though it's unlikely that it causes such massvie FPS drops it still is possible that background scanning of WoW related files causes problems.

Comment

Been running with Windowed Fullscreen for years without problems and with same AV also without problems.

I'm also experiencing massive FPS drop while scanning the AH, will make another post as I also have a error log to post.

My AH Scan FPS Bug post
                            Last edited by meebo; August 29, 2016, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I have this issue as well when i am doing any crafting related guide..

Like "Create 6 food" everytime i crafted one it would drop to 29.9fps and back up to full after a half a second.. disabling zygor and this would not happen but it's not always ... it's odd

Comment

FPS issues are no more. Say Hello to Zygor Guides 6.0: http://zygorguides.com/launch/
                                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                                X