OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zygor guide is getting me fps drops from 110 to 30 29 then back up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has continually crashed my game over and over with High memory usage errors. I have every little add ons running as zygor was supposed to replace alot of the previous addons I had. Now I have to take off zygor and deal with the mess of putting the other ones on.

Comment

Just want to let everyone know, this is our top priority and we have all hands on deck working to fix the high memory usage and fps issues as soon as possible.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Gold View Post
        I would not advise removing a Windows update which was intended to
        I was iffy at first when I read up on it but seeing how you can reinstall, which I did and the problem came back up, I decided to leave it off until they come up with a fix for the guide so I can keep using. That and Cortana disabled worked for me but maybe not everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
          Just want to let everyone know, this is our top priority and we have all hands on deck working to fix the high memory usage and fps issues as soon as possible.
          Glad to hear it!

Comment

Today we pushed out a new update in Version 13510 that includes the following:

GENERAL
            * First wave of optimizations to the addon to address performance.
            * Startup in general: improved loading of several initial components, speeding up some, smoothing out some. The addon should start faster and freeze less while initializing.
            * Pointer: now showing a proper error icon instead of "down arrow".
            * Travel: "stuttering" on frequent map boundaries should happen less often.
            * Travel: periodical re-routing is now easier on the CPU, to cause less FPS drops.
            Last edited by Zygor; March 30, 2016, 05:35 AM.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
              Today we pushed out a new update in Version 13510 that includes the following:

GENERAL
              * First wave of optimizations to the addon to address performance.
              * Startup in general: improved loading of several initial components, speeding up some, smoothing out some. The addon should start faster and freeze less while initializing.
              * Pointer: now showing a proper error icon instead of "down arrow".
              * Travel: "stuttering" on frequent map boundaries should happen less often.
              * Travel: periodical re-routing is now easier on the CPU, to cause less FPS drops.
              Originally posted by neoony View Post
              Still 160Mb used though. But it usually goes over 200. Not using travel.

But I gotta play more to see how it acts after time.

EDIT: Well, it still goes over 200mb even if I dont use a thing from zygor, I still gotta see about performance
              I gotta say the memory optimizations are quite nice.
              Before reaching over 200MB most of the time while not even being used.
              Now it barely seems to reach 180MB

Startup seems probably better too, but I didnt use travel and many other features for some time now.
              I cant really comment on the raw performance, because I use too many other addons.
              (and I just had to redo my UI too)

I just gotta wonder why does it keep gaining like 0.05 - 0.10 MB every second?
              Then when it reaches about 170MB, it starts cleaning up dropping down to around 110MB.
              Its probably just some kind of scanning/event tracking. Just that it happens even if I just sit still. I assume writing this memory constantly uses some bit of CPU, maybe thats one thing to improve, or maybe give us options to choose how often it updates whatever it is using for.
              I would totally not mind having the addon much slower, considering I just play lvl 100s barely using guides.

But still, there really could be an option to simply unload all guides? / To not have any guide loaded?

Just saying

Still good job optimizing memory and keeping it much lower, Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by neoony View Post
                I just gotta wonder why does it keep gaining like 0.05 - 0.10 MB every second?
                Then when it reaches about 170MB, it starts cleaning up dropping down to around 110MB.
                Its probably just some kind of scanning/event tracking. Just that it happens even if I just sit still. I assume writing this memory constantly uses some bit of CPU, maybe thats one thing to improve, or maybe give us options to choose how often it updates whatever it is using for.
                I would totally not mind having the addon much slower, considering I just play lvl 100s barely using guides.

But still, there really could be an option to simply unload all guides? / To not have any guide loaded?

Just saying

Still good job optimizing memory and keeping it much lower, Thank You.
                I'm seeing very similar behavior. For me, memory usage drops to about 255 MB, then creeps up to nearly 300 MB (I thought it was supposed to be using less???) at a rate of 1MB every 10 seconds in roughly 100K increments. After hitting 300 MB the cycle repeats itself, never stopping that I can observe. All the while this is happening, my frame rates are going from around 50 to around 80 back and forth. Out of all my addons, The guide is consistently using 73% of all addon memory, and 80% of all addon CPU.

Load time before things stabilize for me is minutes, not seconds. Yes I have a good number of addons, but I also have an i7 3.9 GHz with 16 GB of memory, GeForce GTX 660, C: where game & addons are installed is an SSD.

When the guide loads, it reports loading 3,194 guides. Do I really need that many loaded? All my toons are doing end game content, don't need to level them any more. Could the loading of these guides be done on demand, or at least through a control or command please? :-) Also, on my 100 Night Elf Feral Druid, the guide reports "Cannot find a proper section for you! What are you..??" over. And over. And over. I'm guessing that has a performance cost.

I love the guides. I've made extensive use of them and found them to be of great value for the price. However, I'll wait to upgrade to elite until this gets ironed out.

Comment

Sorry but this issue is still occurring, especially in raids and dungeons. Every 30 seconds my PC crawls to 0 FPS for a few seconds then goes back.

I have just purchased Elite which I will be cancelling due to this until this issue is corrected.

For some reason, when question and just messing around it is ok, as soon as I raid or run dungeons that is when Zygor totally destroys my FPS.
                  Last edited by nikay; May 25, 2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Hi... New members 1. post..
                    im sorry to say its not a good news post either... the guide is ok, BUT.... when im online and doing anything ells than taking care of my auctions i have to disable the guide....

Using the guide for leveling is not possible, anyhow i have other AddOns running or not, zygors guide keeps freezing my game totally..
                    im normally in 120-130 fps, - when using the guide anywhere ells than on AH... BOM... 3 fps for 30 sec- 1 minute... then its ok until i attack a mob... then same thing happends... this is not why i pay xx money a month...
                    u guys really need a expert help on the programming asap...this is not the way of making a company
                    sad 1. post, but true...

Pc spec... I7 920, 12 gb ram, 8 mb bus, msi 970 gpu.
                    Last edited by pitbullberg; May 27, 2016, 05:09 AM.

Comment

*BUMP* any chance on getting a answer on this? problem is still ongoing. just a update on this problem would be good

Comment

The freezing issue isn't simple to diagnose. Only a few players have this issue, or it happens in very specific conditions. So far we haven't been able to consistently reproduce the problem. A patch improving Travel calculation speed is coming soon, but it never caused such terrible freezes as the one you're reporting.

Perhaps you could try and start disabling some of our features, until the issue goes away? Or, try entering different raids or dungeons, with different guides loaded? Anything that shows that the issue happens in THESE circumstances but doesn't happen in THOSE circumstances would greatly help.

Comment

oki. that question are pretty simple to answer. when im in Orgrimmar and using auction house everything look ok. no hickups no freezez nothing. as soon as i try to kill something, BOM zygor meme start loading ALOT and fps drops to 2-5. this is regardless if im in a instance or not. as far as i can see i havvent been able to recreate a addonissue, but ill try check my AddOns 1by1 to see if there is something shitty. I have 1 little hunch... auctioneer ( AUC: ScanData) and something called Informant is using alot of mem. anyway of to try... 36 AddOns :-(

1 thingy... this gotta be looked into coz this service is called "zygor guide" well... i cant even use the "guide" for leveling coz of the hang.... kinda annoying dont ya think?

just been looking around, and i cant find any addons among my 36 addons, BUT... with Vsync active zygor hickups ob windowed mode, but looks ok on fullscreen. ill do a real test now going 5 man mythic with all the addons active....

oki... so this it it... yesterday i tried out different settings for helping solving this issue..:

5 man mythic's, all of em i fullscreen mode, no problem
                          5 man mythic in windowed(fullscreen) , ouch.. hangs up as sson something are hitted,adds, bosses , everything, lag stop in the split 1/10 of a second the thing is dead.
                          5 man mythic windowed, same thing... freezes, fps on 1-5. back to 120 fps 1/10 second all actions are stopped.
                          outside instances / raids, looks ok to start, then start to freeze after 30 minutes...

if i deactivate zygor in each mode, everything are fine.
                          soo... uuuge mem / log issue here ppl... start working... asap...
                          i cant play this game in 3 fps, and i dont feel like paying for something messing up my game...
                          Last edited by pitbullberg; June 10, 2016, 02:47 AM.

Comment

*BUMP*

btw... i tried to do this by deactivate AddOns.. didnt mather... windowed mode= shjiieet. i also tried tweaking vsync settings to see if this made it any better... had no effect.

Comment

You mentioned using other addons. Can you reproduce the issue when running ONLY Zygor Guides and NO other addons? Of course I'm not going to suggest you never run any others alongside ours, but it'd help narrow the issue down. Are you 100% positive you're getting the memory use and fps drops when using ONLY Zygor Guides in windowed mode, while using only Zygor Guides in fullscreen mode is always fine?

Comment

sorry for late answer, but i decided to go all the way in figure out this mayhem... btw... i logged in yesterday with only zygor guide loaded. toon was standing in ah @ pandaria. as soon as i logged in the fps started off at 10 fps, then after about 30 seconds it went up to 45, so far so good. then i opened ah and went for a scan on the "sell" tab. it went down to 3 fps directly, then it all was frozen for 2 minutes, then after scanning of the one item was done fps went up again.
                                anyway what i have done now, to help you guys out is to do a complete reset og wow. i have deleted interface, wtf and cache file, i have uninstalled zygor, restarted wow from deafult state ( no AddOns installed), then i installed zygor again, went online with only that 1 online in garrison. fps starts of at 10-14, then it takes about 30 minutes to get up to 45-60. (i went "exit" on the zygor window that comes up at a fresh start, as i know it). then i went outside garrison to start killing anything... fps steady at 50-60. flying back into garrison and everything is still ok. opened mailbox : ok.
                                Logged off, and ended wow.
                                downloaded and did a frash install of my UI called MayronUI and Atlesloot. ( downloaded from wowace for full package), logged on and installed the MayronUI, tried combat and everything ells, still works ok.
                                so far so good. i'll try to get into LFR( god help me for doing that, as i hate rage parties), and ill update status.

Comment

Working...
                                X