No announcement yet.

For those that have bought a new guide but already have the client installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that have bought a new guide but already have the client installed

Hello I've noticed an error or something misleading on you webpage instructions for those who have bought a new guide for the second time. The current instructions states:

"If you already have it installed, simply run it and hit the Update button. You may have to run the Repair function to have new guides installed."

In my opinion it should say:

"If you already have it installed, simply run it and hit the Refresh button. You may have to run the Repair function to have new guides installed."

I had no problem with this but I just thought it may mislead customers. Just as a side note you may want to let customers know where the refresh button is

We had worded it as hitting the Update button because when the client is started it should be showing the Update button (instead of Play) to get the new guides installed. Of course depending on settings the client might just install it automatically and never display the Update button.

We'll have to think about which situation might be more prevalent and change it according to what most people might be seeing.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The client "refreshes" when you start it up. If you restore it from the background, yes, a manual refresh will be required in order for it to instantly detect new products. In this event, the client should show that an update is available.

In any case, performing a Soft Repair or Reinstall would result in the client updating your files to exactly what they should be.

At the end of the day, there are multiple ways you can word this to not confuse customers, but everything should feel rather intuitive, alleviating the need to explain it in the best possible way, anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X