Quest: Escaped from Gilneas [24992]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quest: Escaped from Gilneas [24992]

For this quest you must kill cursed darkhounds till a worgen comes and offers a quest. At high levels this is difficult to proc because the cursed darkhound has to remain alive long enough to trigger the quest event. Advising of this limitation and advising high level chars to remove a few items would be advantageous and less time consuming.

I had to look up the quest to determine why it didn't get offered.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24992/escaped-from-gilneas

From the page: "As a level 80 approaching this exploring all the new quests I had some trouble picking this one up. I ran around one shotting the Cursed Darkhounds, as I had done for the quest Darkhound Pounding figuring I had just been unlucky getting this to spawn. However after killing bunches of hounds I then came to the conclusion that I was killing them too quickly (I wasn't sure if they transformed mid fight, or after death, or howled for help etc).

I equipped a low level gun (I'm a warrior) and began blasting, getting the hound low and then let it attack me for a moment. It cast a knockback on me and then straight after that, whilst the hound was still alive, a stealthed worgen crept up behind me and appeared warning me off and this quest was instantly accepted as a 'Discovered Quest' on the tracker."
Working...
X