Gold guide suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold guide suggestions

Not sure if previously put out there, but a few things it might be nice to see added to what is turning out to be another great guide!

1. Things I don't want to sell in my bags (eng tools, BS hammer, tome of clear mind etc) always turn up in the AH Inventory window, and I'd just prefer not to see them. Adding a blacklist like you have for the gear system suggestions would be pretty ideal. These items slow down appraisal and are just a pain.

2. I think the transmog runs lack clarity, seeing Jade set at 70K gold with drop rates like 1/hr universally is inaccurate and confusing. It makes the gold info here pretty vague. You can spend 3 hours farming a single piece of one set, this isn't reflected in the gold run summary page. Obviously it's a game of chance, but I'd like more nuance here.

3. Crafting profit seems to rely on minBuyout prices for items which would otherwise be described as "unstable" in the gold guide, I'd like to see a choice between current minimum buyout, and historical. Perhaps a third element to the 'expert' search setting, to suggest that prices are currently high but aren't typically.

4. Sometimes a crafting mat available price is calculated based on a cheap auction for a material that only has a bid price. I don't like pulling up an item saying buy 20 x "abc", to see the guide coin over a listing that doesn't have a buyout, and almost certainly won't be won with "very long" left on the auction. Easy mode implies the mats are available immediately on the AH, this isn't really the case with bid auctions.

5. A general improvement of the strategy for Unstable Market items, these make up a big chunk of the item-base on the AH and it feels like in these instances, the guide is practically giving up when it comes to offering selling advice. I think that there should at least be some sort of recommendation to be given, basically a best guess at hold/sell given the items current value within the range of historical values. (I'm assuming the upcoming inclusion of global data will make this grey-area much easier to navigate).

6. Crafting page, please include profit as a %. I'm sure that like myself, most people find this the best indicator of whether or not a craft is worthwhile.

I support all of these!

Comment

I would like a drop change calc so i can see for example how many yeti's i have to loot before i get the jade legplates

Comment

Originally posted by pokon View Post
        I would like a drop change calc so i can see for example how many yeti's i have to loot before i get the jade legplates
        That might be a hard one to do because the drop chance is just an average. Say (for example) the jade legplates have a 1% drop chance. This means on average you would have to kill 100 yeti to get 1 legplates. There are plenty of people that have managed to get it to drop after only 10 kills, and there are plenty who have had to farm 200-300 yeti to get that one drop. If we put something in that estimated how many kills you needed based on a drop chance there will be people that would complain when they are in that 200-300 range and not getting the drop.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well that explains a lot, thx for the quick reply.
          I feel that almost the whole yeti species is killed now because of me thats why i was wondering

Comment

Working...
          X