OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear suggestions for warrior tank & Dire Maul...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear suggestions for warrior tank & Dire Maul...WTF?

So, the dungeon guides need a complete overhaul.

They broke all the dungeons up into segments now for LFG so guides for dungeons like Dire Maul, BRD, etc. are completely useless.

Second, the gear suggestions for warrior tanks seem to be way off...

The stat weights according to AMR should be as follows, naturally, you need to convert them to your 10 base format (of course Id much prefer your weights to support the current AMR weight system).

Bonus Armor - 1
    Armor - .85
    Stamina - .75
    Strength - .65
    Critical Strike - .6
    Mastery - .57
    Versatility - .54
    Multistrike - .4
    Haste - .28
    Attack Power - .2
    Avoidance - .17

This is what you currently have:

stats = { STAMINA={weight=30}, MASTERY={weight=4}, ARMOR={weight=11}, EXTRA_ARMOR={weight=14}, CRIT={weight=4.2}, STRENGTH={weight=5}, MULTISTRIKE={weight=2.5}, HASTE={weight=1.5}, VERSATILITY={weight=6}, },

Out of curiosity, can I just change the values to what AMR shows? Im thinking that should work, it would be self contained for just the the protection warrior but Im thinking if I just multiplied the AMR values by 10 and insert those into the stats, that should give me accurate weights... It would look something like this:

stats = { STAMINA={weight=7.5}, MASTERY={weight=5.7}, ARMOR={weight=8.5}, EXTRA_ARMOR={weight=10}, CRIT={weight=6.0}, STRENGTH={weight=6.5}, MULTISTRIKE={weight=4.0}, HASTE={weight=2.8}, VERSATILITY={weight=5.4}, },

And for whatever reason, you dont account for avoidance or attack power...

In fact, now that I think about it, Im going to write a little script that pulls the AMR suggested weights and put it into a spreadsheet, Im looking through these and 5 of these Ive looked at so far are wrong...
    Last edited by littlewierdo; March 13, 2015, 06:46 PM.
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

You will notice that we are no longer using a base 10 system for the stats, that's why they've changed and are using decimal places. While AMR is one place to find some stat weights, it's not the only place to find them. Our stats are closer to what you would find with the Noxxic website which is also a good source for stat weights.

If you decide to change the stat weights keep in mind that updates will most likely change them back as the client will see that the file doesn't match what it should.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      You will notice that we are no longer using a base 10 system for the stats, that's why they've changed and are using decimal places. While AMR is one place to find some stat weights, it's not the only place to find them. Our stats are closer to what you would find with the Noxxic website which is also a good source for stat weights.

If you decide to change the stat weights keep in mind that updates will most likely change them back as the client will see that the file doesn't match what it should.
      Okies, Ill grab the weights from Noxxic and put them in here as well...

This is by no means finished, this is just a start, Im working on a script that pulls stat weights from AMR (and I guess Ill add Noxxic) and all you have to do is input them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

When Im done, Ill make charts for comparing and Ill make some VB script to automatically write the code to format for Zygor. Then Ill work on some Perl scripting to parse the downloads from AMR and Noxxic to automatically input them into the spreadsheet. It'll be a little janky but hopefully should help keep these stat weights up to date.

Hell, maybe Ill just make an addon for this when Im done...

As an fyi, the weights should be on the protection warrior, according to Noxxic:

stats = { STAMINA={weight=36.46}, MASTERY={weight=5.51}, ARMOR={weight=16.04}, EXTRA_ARMOR={weight=15.99}, CRIT={weight=4.55}, STRENGTH={weight=4.92}, MULTISTRIKE={weight=2.63}, HASTE={weight=1.03}, VERSATILITY={weight=6.98}, },

Ill edit the file myself and password the file for write protection, that way it doesnt get tweaked every time the thing updates.

Personally, my opinion of Noxxic is pretty low. Im not sure where they get their numbers but they are generally way off. AMR is far better as far as stat weights under the caveat that at max level, you should no longer be looking at individual gear pieces but at your gear overall (this is why addons that weight gear at max level are generally useless). This is where AMR's Best in Bag feature comes in handy, but that costs $12 a year which some dont want to spend.

Icy-Veins also has stat weights that are far more in line with accurate numbers and I would personally use even Icy-Veins over Noxxic.

Im playing a lower level protection warrior and Im getting very bizarre gear suggestions from Zygor, probably because of a combination of Noxxic's wonky numbers combined with them being out of date.
      Last edited by littlewierdo; March 13, 2015, 08:51 PM.
      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Just so you know, we won't just copy stat weights from other sites. We use other sites for reference but we do adjust them for leveling purposes. Keep in mind that sites like AMR and Noxxic are giving you stats for raiding and running dungeons, we're giving you stats for solo questing leveling.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

In fact noxxic for end game raiders is a terrible source.
          I think it would be a good idea add an option for end game gear suggestion, may be according to Icy veins.

Comment

Working...
          X