Please consider updating the ESO guide to be compatable with ESO 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
    Both the ESO and Wildstar guides had a disclaimer with them on the purchase page that stated we did not guarantee lifetime updates for the guides like we do with our WoW guides. We do apologize if you mistakenly assumed that they would be like our WoW guides and work forever, but we did have the warnings in place since we were unfamiliar with the guide market for those games and did not know how much demand there might be for guides.
    Ah, the infamous "disclaimer" defense. I can understand that you didn't want to offer lifetime updates, but what I did not count on was having the products completely removed and inaccessible. Try to understand where I (and others) are coming from: we paid a lot of money, in good faith and trust, and no longer have access to that product.

I highly doubt that Zygor took a profit loss on those guides, I am quite sure they were very profitable regardless of the pita that maintaining them might have been. I'm guessing that Zygor saw better opportunities with the latest WoW xpac and redirected your time towards those. On one hand I can't really fault the decision to focus on WoW, but as a customer... well, my trust is shaken. I took a gamble on your product and I lost my money, plain and simple.

Honestly, I don't know at this time where I want to go from here, because the ball is in Zygor's court atm, so I'll give it a short wait to see how things play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      Both the ESO and Wildstar guides had a disclaimer with them on the purchase page that stated we did not guarantee lifetime updates for the guides like we do with our WoW guides. We do apologize if you mistakenly assumed that they would be like our WoW guides and work forever, but we did have the warnings in place since we were unfamiliar with the guide market for those games and did not know how much demand there might be for guides.
      Sorry, but this is utter bullshit. No, there is no guarantee that they would work forever, but you abandoned both in under a year. That's incredibly unprofessional, and your lack of any kind of compensation with the "we haven't made any decision" and "but but we had a disclaimer!" excuses over and over are even more so.

Comment

It's completely unacceptable. We have paid for a product and have had it taken away from us in under a year. There was no warning that it would be completely removed. I want my money back as Zygor has stolen from me.... I love the guides, but this situation has questioned my trust and loyalty of Zygor....

Comment

I'd like to add my frustration to the group as well. No, I wasn't expecting lifetime updates, but I didn't think a year or two was out of the question. I'm very disappointed, and since I also have no plan on playing WoW a credit at the store won't do me any good.

I'd love to see you folks release it as open-source so the community can keep it working, but that's probably too much to hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by markwallace101 View Post
            I'd love to see you folks release it as open-source so the community can keep it working, but that's probably too much to hope for.
            That is what we are planning to do, it's just taking some time to get it all situated while we work on other things as well that, unfortunately, take higher priority currently. We'll get it done, though, for the ESO, as well as Wildstar guides (aiming for within the next few months).
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
              That is what we are planning to do, it's just taking some time to get it all situated while we work on other things as well that, unfortunately, take higher priority currently. We'll get it done, though, for the ESO, as well as Wildstar guides (aiming for within the next few months).
              It is nice to see you doing something, since you never did compensate anyone who placed trust in Zygor by buying the guides, only to have them scrapped in a very short amount of time. As much as I like your products, I doubt I will ever buy one again based on this.

Comment

Working...
              X