Future integration with TSM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future integration with TSM?

TSM has a desktop application that downloads (every hour) all auction house prices for whatever specified servers you want and automatically incorporates them into World of Warcraft.

This has two major benefits:

1. No reason to ever scan the auction house since the desktop application is just doing a quick download of all the prices for you.

2. MUCH more accurate information since you are getting updates automatically every hour rather than updates only when you get a chance to scan the AH.

While Im sure this wont be something available immediately at launch, is it possible to integrate with the data TSM is pulling in (their desktop application has been around a long time, 3 years at least)? I dont want to have to start scanning the auction house again lol...
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Anything is possible.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Somethign else that would be nice in an auction house gold type guide is a way to "show me the top ten most popular herbs|ors|etc". Expanding on that show the top ten highest sellers. I would assume the back end is a DB so some simple SQL qeuries for reports? That may require an out of game front end... dunno, but would be really nice to see what we should target to make the most bang for the buck.
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by littlewierdo View Post
        1. No reason to ever scan the auction house since the desktop application is just doing a quick download of all the prices for you.

2. MUCH more accurate information since you are getting updates automatically every hour rather than updates only when you get a chance to scan the AH.
        Our Gold and Auctions guide will include an external component that allows you to download realm data through the client, however, in-game quick scans will always make your gold addons more accurate and reliable than any external scan ever could be because the auction house is always changing by the minute. This is why to get the most accurate results you need both Historical data (which can be downloaded externally), and Current Prices (a recent quick scan), which Zygor can provide using our built in scanner.

Originally posted by antacus View Post
        Somethign else that would be nice in an auction house gold type guide is a way to "show me the top ten most popular herbs|ors|etc". Expanding on that show the top ten highest sellers. I would assume the back end is a DB so some simple SQL qeuries for reports? That may require an out of game front end... dunno, but would be really nice to see what we should target to make the most bang for the buck.
        Our gold guide does EXACTLY this.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

The game only allows a quick scan once per hour so it makes no difference whether you are downloading outside the game or in the game. But doing it outside the game provides scans every hour, guaranteed, regardless of what you are doing, vs, in-game where, unless you are an AH junkie, you arent getting hourly scans.

HOWEVER, up to the minute prices can easily be gathered on SPECIFIC items as you search for them so a preliminary search might show 'x' item is selling well, has alot of demand, low supply (based on data that can be as old as 59 minutes) but upon searching for item 'x' specifically, circumstances may have changed. If handled as TSM does it, it takes the top selling items based on the hourly data and then searches each of those manually one at a time to verify accuracy of the data.

Anyway, this is getting into the weeds a bit, Ill just wait to see how this is implemented.

Id like to see some updates to the rest of the guides in the meantime (garrison campaign quests - I just finished ALL of the garrison campaign quests so there is no excuse for these not having guides, 6.1 content, etc.).
          Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
          Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

Working...
          X