sending me in circles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending me in circles

After using this guide A LOT with many different toons, I am starting to think it does not advance my leveling up a character all that much faster than with using no addon at all. 30% of the time its sending me back and fourth from different flightpaths, and/or making me hearth to my garrison when the turn in is very close to me. Not sure I'm too jazzed on this one anymore sorry...

Do you have the latest version of the guides being used in game? What are your Travel System settings?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Also I saw the guide having problems with the Hearthstone in Nagrand for Alliance characters that set it to Telaari Station. In Nagrand the guide always told me to hearth to the Garrison and fly to Tellari Station instead of using the normal hearthstone.

Maybe you experience something similar. Where were you and where was the hearthstone set to when the guide suggested to hearth to the Garrison and fly back from there?

Comment

My settings and comments (2nd attempt, got DC'd)

Guide Viewer:
        Auto accept quests
        Auto turnin quests : (turn in) two words ;p
        Disable model viewer : ALWAYS, never use it
        Show Advanced Customization Options

Waypoint Arrow: default

Travel System:
        Route Preference: Fastest, use every trick (still doesn't work like it should)
        Route calculation speed: Fast
        Take flights automatically: OFF (never use this - prefer to see which FPs I'm missing)
        Show Advanced Customization Options: Ants OFF (forever, get rid of it please - so annoying on mini-map, with all the other stuff on it these days)

Notification Center: DISABLED always (I have no use for it)
        Hide all pup-ups when Guide Viewer is closed
        Dungeon suggestions: DISABLED (always - have no use for it)
        Monk quests: DISABLED always (just a reminder it's available, no guide needed)

Gear System: DISABLED always - you keep trying to swap out my lvl 100 BOAs.
        Highlight suggested quest rewards: ENABLED always - give me my gold

Talent Advisor: DISABLE always (Noxxic and Icy Veins are much better resources)

Inventory Management: DISABLED - everything ALWAYS - Have add-ons to deal with everything you have here (Mail Tools is the WORST: Postal is better - tacking a UI next to another one, is horrible - break it out, use your own UI, so we can resize, change fonts, move it around on the screen, etc.) Gold guide, even tho I bought it, will stick with the full auctioneer suite. It's tacked onto the side of my Auctioneer UI, making it look horrible anyways.

Extras: default

That Arrow used to be very useful and functional: not so much anymore where there are 3 levels of questing, all stacked on top of each other, in WoD (I feel yer pain).

I would like the OPTION to make it work like it used to,
        to always point in the direction where you are supposed to be at,
        leaving me to look at my map, terrain, and make a decision based off the quest TEXT you provide in the main guide, the GREEN circles you placed on my mini-map for me to see the PATH... (Very nice touch)

What really happens is you catch yourself following the arrow around, wasting time, rather than getting to your destination so you can kill stuff, get XP, and level faster. It's counter productive in many areas.

That arrow just puts out way too much misinformation,
        "go up hill" when clearly it's "down hill",
        "go into cave" guide says kill boss, arrow says "leave cave" even tho I have not killed mob,
        "go across bridge" when I run over that arrow spot and continue, it turns red and tells me to go across bridge, only when I get to other side and closer to NPC I'm supposed to see, does it flip and point in the correct direction. etc.

It just does not work very well as it is, although, I see it getting better, I prefer it to match what YOU, the GUIDE says, not that dumb arrow text that confuses even me, a 9 yr vet, leveling toons for fun/gold/mats, then delete...

There was a lot more useful information that got lost when I DC'd. Should be enough for you to get the gist of it.

Suggestion: because I create and level so many toons, it would be nice if I could setup a default setup, that I could save on my HDD, that all new toons get a copy of.
        That would provide us with a faster initial setup we can use, right out of the box, OUR way, not Zygor Guides way

Thank you for listening.
        Hope it was helpful, not hating.

Comment

About the travel system using paths rather than only point towards the destination, there are two worlds colliding.
          There are some people apparently having big problems finding anything if you don't give the a waypoint every 10 meters and there are others like you and me that don't have these problems and sometimes leave the suggested path because of some treasure, ore or rare mob and then wonder why the arrow is not pointing to the target next to you but some intermediate waypoint that is even further away than the target.

I also liked how it was in Pandaria, there were only a few connection waypoints used where you really had to find a path.

About using the same settings on all characters, when creating a new character the guide setup asks to use a specific profile.
          This is the same as if you go into the guide options into the profile section and select another character's profile in the existing profiles box.
          If you want to have some settings to be different on only one character you can also create a new profile for that character and use the copy from function to copy all settings from another character to this profile and then change some settings.
          These profile functionality is used by many addons and it can make setting up many characters much easier when using standard profiles or copying profiles from one character to another.

Comment

Will create that profile, didn't even think of it. /tips hat
            I don't envy the person(s) doing the arrow way pointing for this horrible expac.
            Carbonite Maps have the same problems, seems there are 'dead' zones where nobody knows who or where you are.
            Heck, I've been in my garrison and it has told me it doesn't recognize this as my garrison, run out before we throw you out <lol>
            Carbonite Maps, Zygor Guides, DBM, GTFO, Altoholic and Gear Grinder - all make it much nicer and easier to sit back and enjoy your gaming and Blizz entertainment.

I have used Zygor Guides almost as long as I've been playing the game, even now, just to be in brain dead mode, as I call it, just going from place to place killing everything in site, watching for rares along the way, as I level. I can hit 60 in 1 day played easily, then, you can boost to 90 to enjoy new content, or keep going thru the old school content and reminisce along the way, which will add only one more day of played to get there

Comment

There's no need to play to level 60 before boosting a character.
              If you think of the professions, you can enter Draenor with a profession at 1 and directly use the cooldowns to get Draenor material and recipes and the Draenor recipes don't require a certain skill level.

Comment

The reason he goes to 60 first is because any crafting/harvesting professions you have at skill 1 will be boosted to 600 if your toon that you boost is 60+. He's just trying to save some time and gold.

Comment

What he/she said - just an option, but ya, lvl 1 to 700 crafting in Draenor takes a long time and lots-O-mats. Plus, if you don't boost, you still got a long long way to go to get to Draenor... every expac you will need to grind to get to the next one, not as bad as it sounds, but, still, if your in a hurry, seen all the content before, the boost to lvl 60 is an option, if, you need to max a prof you are missing or something...

Ok, gave the profile creation and copy from, not sure how it worked out, doesn't look right, logged for now, will check it later.
                  What I did notice, is, there is a profile for *EVERY* toon I have ever created in that list! Yikes !!!
                  We need a quick and dirty way to remove all but what I want to keep <lol> I mean, that list is very very LONG ...

Comment

A quick and dirty way of doing that would be when you are out of the game go into your WoW/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there. That will do a complete reset of the guide for all toons and will also remove all of the profiles. Then you can log into one toon and go thru the little setup wizard to create a profile name, then setup everything how you'd like and then you should be able to just load that profile on all your other toons as you log into them. If you load a profile and it doesn't look like something took hold correctly try typing /re into the chat window to reload the UI and that should make sure that all new settings are then applied.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                      The reason he goes to 60 first is because any crafting/harvesting professions you have at skill 1 will be boosted to 600 if your toon that you boost is 60+. He's just trying to save some time and gold.
                      Yes, I understood that but it is not necessary as the Draenor recipes don't require a skill above 1.
                      I have a character I boosted to level 90 and afterwards leveled to 100 doing the battle pet dailies in Pandaria.
                      I only occasionally did the profession cooldowns and he's already at around 260 in both crafting professions. And the material cooldown still grants 10 points.

Comment

Ok, it's time... I think we need another option.
                        I'm TIRED of ya'll wanting to replace my lvl100 BoAs, even at lvl 91-99 still... So...
                        (minor stats improvements is MUTE when looking at BoA stats from 1-100)
                        Let's make an option we can check that says "Leave my stinkin BoA/Heirlooms alone".
                        This will make your life easier in that you can fully ignore every BoA slot, except ring slot, most won't have the STV fishing ring.

Comment

This is true - I was in a hurry to max my profs. on a new account and new toons. Boosting is a waste of money, unless you are in a hurry, then ya pay through the nose, like everything else in this world.
                          If you played 6 months behind every release, you would save a ton of Gold

I retired my original account because of this expac.

I'd rather retire my account with all the achieves/mounts/et al, than let this expac destroy or cheapen all my hard work.

The game is definitely going in a new direction, as the age of the average person that plays keeps going lower.
                          The old school (whatever you want to call it) is gone forever, long live the new game.

I can still reminisce of the days gone by and all the nice achieves I had - like ALL the Heroic Firelands achievements, all completed before any nerfs.

Comment

Guide change - Nagrand - Horde - Wor'var, Nagrand is our 'base'
                            There is never a reason to use the flight path Biggy Warprofits to fly to Wor'var Nagran, it's like 200 yrds away.
                            ... just saying, I never bother with it.
                            Also, after fighting at Mar'gors Overwatch - there is a portal you can click to take you to the beginning of that entrance, then run to Wor'var, killing the Talibuks and Leatherhides on the way back through... to get the ears - which you have to go off-guide to pickup, before you go over there .... in fact, you can kill em on the way over there to

Comment

Also, the 'crazy arrow' needs to consult with the guide, to see if the task is complete, before telling us to leave the cave/et all , that we just entered. Text should match the guide "go kill something" and point to the location of that 'something' ... might help...

Comment

Working...
                              X