stil no gold guide ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the guide is affected by that slightly... I mean, This thing is going to fluctuate wildly on the market... Buying it (With gold, not $$$) and reselling it would be pretty profitable, just in the same sense that buying low priced ore and reselling it at a higher price would be :P
    Honestly, that is what I kind of thought Bomyne, and exactly why I wanted to know if Zygor had taken that into consideration of the release date of the gold guide, honestly I would love to be able purchase game time by using a Zygor guide, it means I could spend that money on more Zygor guides for one and just have more gold in general. Win/Win!

Comment

Originally posted by aramiskc View Post
      Honestly, that is what I kind of thought Bomyne, and exactly why I wanted to know if Zygor had taken that into consideration of the release date of the gold guide, honestly I would love to be able purchase game time by using a Zygor guide, it means I could spend that money on more Zygor guides for one and just have more gold in general. Win/Win!
      If i understand the gold guide's advertisement correctly, it has the ability to scan your realm's AH and adapt itself based on what it finds. My guess is that they won't need to program it directly to take advantage of the token.

I could be wrong though.

Comment

If i understand the gold guide's advertisement correctly, it has the ability to scan your realm's AH and adapt itself based on what it finds. My guess is that they won't need to program it directly to take advantage of the token.

I could be wrong though.

Thats probably true, if it scans the AH directly possibly, or isn't there a site out there at has accurate data from all the WoW server AH's? I thought there was, again I could be wrong in that as well. If it does scan directly say like 'auctionator or auctioneer' then yes it could variably adapt every time a scan was performed. The question then becomes how often is the scan taking place so that the values that are being recorded and displayed are accurate enough to make the given profit amount shown.

My thoughts,

Comment

Yes, it does scan your AH so it will be able to adapt to any changes on the AH. It wouldn't be a real gold guide if it couldn't at least adapt to the ever changing server economy.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
            Yes, it does scan your AH so it will be able to adapt to any changes on the AH. It wouldn't be a real gold guide if it couldn't at least adapt to the ever changing server economy.

HAHA! At least that is the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by aramiskc View Post
              isn't there a site out there at has accurate data from all the WoW server AH's? I thought there was,
              There is but i don't know it's name or even if it's still around.

Comment

There is but i don't know it's name or even if it's still around.
                The Undermine Journal
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                  That makes at least two then. This is the one I was wrecking my brain trying to remember when I posted my last post: http://www.wowuction.com/

Comment

There's also tradeskillmaster.com

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the guide is affected by that slightly... I mean, This thing is going to fluctuate wildly on the market... Buying it (With gold, not $$$) and reselling it would be pretty profitable, just in the same sense that buying low priced ore and reselling it at a higher price would be :P
                      Since it is not an item used for anything other than game time and will presumably be available in only one way (purchasing on the AH or in the Blizzard store, ie. not farmable, craftable, etc.), the only 2 factors that will determine supply and demand is the value of the currency (in real life) in whatever region the player is playing from and the value of gold.

The value of gold is relatively stable, save for around a week before and after a content patch and around a month prior to and a month following an expansion, largely determined by the 'anticipation', or you might even call it speculation on different opportunities / avenues to make gold. The release of a content patch that modifies how enchants are made for example could affect the gold market both prior (speculation, ie. anticipation of price changes) and after (this is the biggest fluctuation as the market tends to swing wildly above the value of said item and competition slowly begins to drive the price downwards until the price is too low to make money, at which point, a new player will come in to the same market and 'reset' the market using various tricks (buying out nearly everything and controlling that market is one such trick, another is to force the market all the way to the bottom and drive your competition out, leaving you one of the few left in that market and free to drive prices back up)).

Suffice it to say, I have a very firm grasp on economics (playing the market is my favourite past time in WoW and even more-so in Eve Online - probably the best in-game market economy I have ever seen) and this item wont affect much, if anything, it will get people such as myself to spend their 2 million gold (about halfway to amassing my 3rd million now) instead of sitting on it with nothing to spend it on.
                      Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
                      Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

Comment

LOL - You had me until the last paragraph.

Comment

The only thing that will affect the price of that token, Littleweirdo, is supply and demand. Real world currency values had no effect on the gold price of the last RMT item to be sellable on the auction house, the Guardian Cub. You can buy that thing for next to nothing now because there is too many of them and not much demand (They are learn to account :P)

Those "Reset the market" tricks aren't very effective tbh. Sure, they work on people - like you, I assume - that study the market and know when they are losing money and not to bother with certain items... But they don't work on people like me who use the Appraiser function of Auctioneer to simply sell everything for current market value - market undercut (I think mine is set to 20%).

This guide might change my attitude towards the market, but I don't know. I don't want to 'play' the market. I just want to sell things :P

Comment

Im with you Bomyne! I know plenty about economics and markets, thank you business school education.. but WoW is a game to me and in a game I like to make easy money. So here is my plea again to Zygor RELEASE THE GOLD GUIDE! Your killing me people, let me go and make gold by flipping items on the AH with ease please! HURRY HURRY HURRY!

Ok so that sounded desperate but am I ever!

Comment

Is it wrong that I pictured you flipping burgers with that flipping items comment, Aramiskc? :P

Comment

Bomyne,

Yeah I would say so, considering I have a few 3 Letter additions behind my real name but hey if thats what came to your mind then I am ok with that :P

Comment

Working...
                                X