Guide arrow is permanently red/pointing down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide arrow is permanently red/pointing down

I just purchased the leveling guide and am using it in WoD with my boosted 90. The arrow for the guide is never green and only points down towards my character.

Is this something on my end?

(build is current)

This has been fixed, at least as far as I've tested it.

My fix was to delete all non-blizzard lua files from the World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<ACCOUNT NAME>/SavedVariables folder. Once I did this, I relogged into the game and everything was fine and working as intended.

Comment

I also have this problem, will try your fix venjin.

Comment

Okay, I solved my issue. I had the "Masterplaner" addon installed, and when I disabled it, the arrow started working normally again.

Comment

I had the same problem with "SexyMap"

Comment

Also thought that I would add, if you get this issue after first installing the guide or loading up a character for the first time with Zygor installed, you get the same issue.

To fix, simple /reload once in game and it'll work perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by venjin View Post
              This has been fixed, at least as far as I've tested it.

My fix was to delete all non-blizzard lua files from the World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<ACCOUNT NAME>/SavedVariables folder. Once I did this, I relogged into the game and everything was fine and working as intended.
              If you rename your Account folder (under WTF), you get the same effect without permanently losing your addon settings Renaming the account folder instead of WTF also leaves WoW's base config intact.
              Last edited by Bomyne; January 16, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nuova View Post
                Also thought that I would add, if you get this issue after first installing the guide or loading up a character for the first time with Zygor installed, you get the same issue.

To fix, simple /reload once in game and it'll work perfectly.
                This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Comment

I have done the rename the account folder and it didn't work still points down
                  never mind just disabled the ui reloaded the ui then enabled it reloaded the ui again and it worked
                  Last edited by sdgate; January 18, 2015, 04:35 PM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

The addon "Master plan" was the issue for me.

Comment

Its not an external add on issue... basically its all the little green dots that seem to cause the guide to hang up.. Not sure why it messes up except that.. I usually don't trust the guide arrow 100 percent to help me.. Its just not as reliable as it used to be.. I do support the dev team by making sure I buy all the guides created.. I would like to see them look at the arrows hanging up issue and come up with a patch to fix it.. I have 6 100's now and the guide helped.. but it took human computing too

Comment

Originally posted by jhamby5 View Post
                        Its not an external add on issue... basically its all the little green dots that seem to cause the guide to hang up.. Not sure why it messes up except that.. I usually don't trust the guide arrow 100 percent to help me.. Its just not as reliable as it used to be.. I do support the dev team by making sure I buy all the guides created.. I would like to see them look at the arrows hanging up issue and come up with a patch to fix it.. I have 6 100's now and the guide helped.. but it took human computing too
                        What exactly was the problem you were having with the arrow?
                        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

you saved my sanity, i couldn't figure out my arrow to save my life then i tried /reload and life is good again. thanks

Comment

agreed ... /reload fixed my issues as well

Comment

Working...
                            X