Guide recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide recorder

Ive asked before but I thought I might ask again, any chance of releasing a guide recorder that records everything you do and automatically creates a custom guide for you? I highly doubt your staff is doing this all by hand so Im sure such a thing is used for the creation of the guides and then polished off with a bit of manual editing...

I have a few personal guides Id like to write but its alot of work to do them all 100% by hand.
    Race and Class: Dwarven Priest Character Name: Jacq US server: Cenarion Circle
    Primary Spec: Shadow Secondary Spec: Discipline

With a good text editor (Ultraedit or Notepad++) it is pretty easy to create custom guides.
    All of my custom guides are only created using Ultraedit. In game it may help if you have addons to show quest and NPC IDs.
    I don't know which addons is responsible for it but in quest windows I see the quest ID and I modified TipTac to show NPC IDs in the tooltip (I still have to modify a version for WoW 6.0 though).
    The creaton of a guide is the part that takes less time, it takes much more time to test and optimize a guide.
    Last edited by Cartman; December 13, 2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

The tool we use to help us create guides is a specialized addon that we most likely will not release to the general public.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
        With a good text editor (Ultraedit or Notepad++) it is pretty easy to create custom guides.
        All of my custom guides are only created using Ultraedit. In game it may help if you have addons to show quest and NPC IDs.
        I don't know which addons is responsible for it but in quest windows I see the quest ID and I modified TipTac to show NPC IDs in the tooltip (I still have to modify a version for WoW 6.0 though).
        The creaton of a guide is the part that takes less time, it takes much more time to test and optimize a guide.
        Notepad, an Application that ships free with Windows is just fine for this too, but I highly recommend Notepad++ (Not related to Notepad I just mentioned). Infact, any application that can read and save plain text files (That's what .lua and .toc files are, OP :P) will do just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X