Not optimal at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not optimal at all

Little dissapointed that the guide shys away from the optimal route for levelling, presumably in lieu of another paid for guide portion later down the road...

It is widely accepted that the fastest and most efficient way to level is to combine Quests with treasures, and doing all Bonus Objectives on the map.

I feel that its slightly disingenuous to tout this as a speed levelling addon without actually taking advantage of the most efficient route through the levelling content.

With quests alone, you are looking at 30+ hours of current addon speed if you know what you are doing and focus, whereas with adding in treasures and bonus objectives, you could easily halve that figure...

Are you planning to add treasures and bonuses to the guide for optimal levelling?

I'm usually a massive fan of your guides, but a quick google regarding the <5 hours 90-100 club tactics shows that you dropped the ball with this one.

All of the different bonus objectives for the zones are already part of the Leveling guides. If you do not see them in there then please update your guides. The treasures (right now) are only in the Achievement guides for the treasure hunter achievements.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Updated the guide, thanks for the reply.

Still think that clicking an item that gives 2/3rds the XP of a quest should be part of a levelling guide rather than an achievement guide, and would lend more credence to the product as a power levelling tool.

As mentioned before, I love your product, and own the WoW, Wildstar and ESO guides (I even wrote the ESO guide flipper for veteran content), but I can't help but feel that the core product was slightly neglected here, just to have an extra addon for sale to do the treasures.

Comment

It's possible that we'll get treasure chests added in later, just right now it's the bonus objectives and questing.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by escape1979uk View Post
          As mentioned before, I love your product, and own the WoW, Wildstar and ESO guides (I even wrote the ESO guide flipper for veteran content), but I can't help but feel that the core product was slightly neglected here, just to have an extra addon for sale to do the treasures.
          The reason guides were written this way wasn't so much neglect as it was meeting the general expectation that had been established over the years. Up until this expansion our leveling guides have always been about the fastest leveling through QUESTING, so the guides were updated to fulfill this expectation.

The treasures seemed more directly tied into the Treasure Hunter achievement which is why that content was added to our Achievement guide.

Now it has become apparent that the treasures more naturally fit as an enhancement to the leveling through questing process so we're now working on incorporating them into the Leveling guides.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Thats fantastic to hear

This is why I love your product!

Comment

I was also wondering why treasures were totally ignored during levelling, also some of the bonus objectives were missed.
              I see that you state that all bonus objectives should now be in the guide, so I'll keep an eye on this.
              Glad to see you realise your error regarding not including treasures as part of the levelling process.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
                The reason guides were written this way wasn't so much neglect as it was meeting the general expectation that had been established over the years. Up until this expansion our leveling guides have always been about the fastest leveling through QUESTING, so the guides were updated to fulfill this expectation.

The treasures seemed more directly tied into the Treasure Hunter achievement which is why that content was added to our Achievement guide.

Now it has become apparent that the treasures more naturally fit as an enhancement to the leveling through questing process so we're now working on incorporating them into the Leveling guides.
                When will this be done? It is the only reason I have not upgraded. To leave this out was just a bad call imo.
                All of the fastest leveling by the beta people used all the treasure bonus areas and some quests.
                When you can click on an item laying on the ground and get as much or more then a quest..wow why the heck not.

Comment

Working...
                X