Not nearly enough quests? Also a bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not nearly enough quests? Also a bug

I'm working through the Shadowmoon quest guide, am at step 40 and it's asking me to grind to level 91... only thing is, I'm nowhere near level 91. I've been grinding for hours now, and the quests up this point clearly aren't enough to reach anywhere near level 91. I haven't deliberately avoided any mobs and haven't skipped any steps.

Also, there's a bug in the Garrison area in the Shadowmoon guide. It constantly tells me "leave Garrison" and sends me way out of the way of the actual quest goal. Also, it keeps telling me to Hearth to Garrison even though I don't have a Hearth location at my Garrison.

It's a shame cause Zygor guides have been awesome so far, but this one up til now has been "Do all the obvious quests and then grind for literally hours". I don't even want to play because I have several more hours of grinding to go.
    Last edited by Voyaging; November 23, 2014, 12:09 AM.

Please make sure you have the latest guide version installed and then restart the Shadowmoon guide at step 1. And if you have a garrison built you will have a special garrison only hearthstone in your inventory that you can use without having to set it as your home. Overall this sounds like an outdated guide version or other addons conflicting with the guides.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      Please make sure you have the latest guide version installed and then restart the Shadowmoon guide at step 1. And if you have a garrison built you will have a special garrison only hearthstone in your inventory that you can use without having to set it as your home. Overall this sounds like an outdated guide version or other addons conflicting with the guides.
      Thanks for the quick response! The Hearthstone issue definitely was my fault, apologies for that, I didn't notice there was a special Hearthstone for Garrisons. There still seems to be the strange "leave Garrison" bug though, which leads me on a very indirect path to my goal. This is a pretty minor bug, though.

I did try updating the guide, but didn't think to restart from step 1. That did give me a new step before the step I'm currently on so hopefully that will get me to 91. Thanks for the great support!

Comment

This is my third character through shadowmoon valley and for the first time this same thing happened to me today, i still had 6+ bubbles to go and the guide told me to grind until lvl 91..I didn't. I found quest and did those because I don't want to grind for hours killing mobs. Now if I was close, say 2 bubbles or less I wouldn't mind. But other than that one thing, the guide is much improved since it fist came out.
        Last edited by troybennett; November 23, 2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I'm having this trouble too. This is my fourth character through the starter zone and quests and when the guide thinks I should be 91 I'm only 84% of the way in. This is the exact same figure it's been on all the others and I've had to throw a dungeon in to get up the required level. I've been religiously updating the guide and so I know it's not that.

Any ideas?

Comment

Are you using the latest guide version? Double check what it says on the guide selection screen in game. I've been thru Shadowmoon Valley with 2 separate characters now and I have not been able to reproduce this.

Comment

The last 2 or 3 times I leveled through Shadowmoon I too stumbled across the "you should be level 91" message while I was at about 90% through level 90 (and I already did the two group quests, the Elekk and the Wasp).

The only thing why you should be 91 at that point according to the guide is because the guide wants you to pickup the Ashran breadcrumb and the few quests there showing you the location.
              I suggest to move this part to the next point when you enter the garrison to turnin quests there. Because grinding is not necessary in Draenor, even without rested bonus I did not run into any problems later on.
              The next occasion (apart from profession related quests) when players enter the garrison is for turning in the quest "Supply Drop".

There is not a single quest in the leveling guide for Shadowmoon that requires more than level 90 (the Ashran breadcrumb quest is marked as Stormshield zone quest). The level 91 and 92 quests can be picked up at level 90, according to wowhead.

Comment

If I'm following you right Cartman you're saying all quests in the Shadowmoon guide can be accepted at level 90, even that Ashran breadcrumb? If so then it would be easier to just remove that grind step.

Comment

No, the Ashran breadcrumb right after the ding step can only be accepted at level 91 (it counts as Stormshield mission, not Shadowmoon, that's why it is not listed at wowhead when looking at the quests in Shadowmoon).
                  Or to be more correct: it only appears at level 91, according to wowhead it requires level 90 but I can confirm that you won't see anything of the quest before level 91.

All the leveling quests in Shadowmoon require only level 90. So the only reason for this ding step is to be able to accept the Ashran breadcrumb.

If you skip the ding step and the following Ashran quests you can safely move on with the guide and come back later to do the Ashran quests. It's only a matter of when you come back because without professions the next step to take you back to the garrison will be to turn in the quest "Supply Drop".
                  Last edited by Cartman; November 29, 2014, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Ok, do you think that if we moved the Ashran stuff back to when you return to finish Supply Drop that everyone would be 91 at that point? Or would you suggest moving the Ashran stuff back even further?

Comment

Currently when people hit the ding step for level 91 they should be more than 80% through level 90.
                      Supply Drop is so much further down in the guide that everyone will be level 91 at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                        The last 2 or 3 times I leveled through Shadowmoon I too stumbled across the "you should be level 91" message while I was at about 90% through level 90 (and I already did the two group quests, the Elekk and the Wasp).

The only thing why you should be 91 at that point according to the guide is because the guide wants you to pickup the Ashran breadcrumb and the few quests there showing you the location.
                        I suggest to move this part to the next point when you enter the garrison to turnin quests there. Because grinding is not necessary in Draenor, even without rested bonus I did not run into any problems later on.
                        The next occasion (apart from profession related quests) when players enter the garrison is for turning in the quest "Supply Drop".

There is not a single quest in the leveling guide for Shadowmoon that requires more than level 90 (the Ashran breadcrumb quest is marked as Stormshield zone quest). The level 91 and 92 quests can be picked up at level 90, according to wowhead.
                        This is exactly what I did - just picked up the Ashran quest next time I went back to my Garrison at 91 and let the Smart System route me through to the next set of quests when I'd completed it. Easy to get past, just something missing in the logic that consistently leaves me at 84%. Just about to repeat it now on another alt, see what I get.

**EDIT** - should mention that every character has had full rested when going through Tanaan and Shadowmoon

52% of the way through after completing Tanaan

91% when I reach Step 40. I did consciously kill more mobs this time, which accounts for the extra. Doing what I've done previously and skipping this quest chain until I reach 91. Then running the guide back to complete it.

Okay, I hit 91 on Step 64. However, this was with full rested XP. As previously suggested, the check as to whether you've hit 91 and the quest chain in Ashran should wait until later in the guide. That way there's no confusion, nor expectation that you've missed something.
                        Last edited by fox5150; November 29, 2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Ok, added this to our list to get it moved back to Supply Drop turn in section.

Comment

This was my only issue with the Alliance guide so far, but I'm only 93. Very cool that it will be fixed for future users. I ended up grinding, must have been in some zen-like state of mob killing because it didn't seem to take too long even though I was initially pissed off that I was asked to grind at all.
                            [SIZE="1"][B]realm:[/B] elune[/SIZE]
                            [SIZE="1"][B]name:[/B] [URL="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Elune/Holybarrow/simple"]holybarrow[/URL][/SIZE]
                            [SIZE="1"][B]race/class:[/B] dwarf priest[/SIZE]
                            [SIZE="1"][B]current level:[/B] 100[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                            X