Guide not usable for leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide not usable for leveling

well sorta, Apparently the garrison guide is mixed in with the leveling guide so as you chase down a quest giver and the time you show up at him low and behold no quest. I have been advised just to click next step in the guide and skip. Well that would be great if the next quest giver gave a quest but nope, sorry this guy didn't either! I'm sorry but spending an hour crisscrossing a zone in hopes of finding a quest is NOT a usable guide!

Upon first release the guides had some issues routing to the proper quests. The reason for this is explained here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...eing-Addressed

This has been almost completely resolved now for Alliance as of yesterdays update. The Horde guide (which was already in much better shape) is being worked on now.
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 18, 2014, 09:36 AM.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

sorry, I have yesterdays update and still running into the same problem. I have been a long time member of your guides so I even hate to gripe but this problem is having me pull my hair out! Is there a way to differentiate which are leveling quests and which are garrison? Does it have something to do with purple asterisk next to the quests?

Comment

If you're sure you have the latest update try reloading the guide and starting with step one and let the guide route you where you need to go. We finished the full Alliance guide yesterday and corrected the routers.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Ok, it does seem to be on track now. Thanks for the update I will no longer have to pull out my hair!

Comment

Sounds good I have to wait til like 3am for my paycheck to hit Wednesday but I cant wait for leveling and the gold guide. One 91A one 91H and 3 other 90H I can't wait for the fast leveling!

Comment

Just an FYI the Talador 94-96 Alliance side isn't working. Step 64 Yrel doesn't have "The Foot of the Fortress" quest. Was able to skip it and move on but came to a dead end at step 102. Magister Serena isn't there since I couldn't/didn't do Yrel's quest.

Comment

Originally posted by jdinthewind View Post
                Just an FYI the Talador 94-96 Alliance side isn't working. Step 64 Yrel doesn't have "The Foot of the Fortress" quest. Was able to skip it and move on but came to a dead end at step 102. Magister Serena isn't there since I couldn't/didn't do Yrel's quest.
                Which outpost building did you pick?
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The wrong one. What do you do if you didn't choose the Arcane tower?

Comment

I see a typo in the routing step's jump label in the Alliance Talador guide (version 10969), it tries to jump to "ArcaneAT" but the label later on is "ArcaneAS".
                    The next step where you manually select the building has the correct jump label.

What you can do now is to hold CTRL and ALT pressed and click the previous step button at the step where you are told to accept the quest The Quarry Quandary (which you can only accept when you built the artillery tower).
                    You should then be at a step where you are asked which building you have chosen.
                    Clich the Arcane Sanctum line and you should jump to the step where you accept the quest "An Audience With The Archmage".

You can also hold CTRL and ALT pressed and use the next step button from the beginning of the guide on until you reach the mentioned step.

Comment

Hi Cartman,

Thanks so much for the help. To clarify, I actually did build the Artillery Tower. Following your instructions I was able to go back and re-click and fast-forwarding resulted in my (correctly it looks like) being ask to turn into Miall.

Both your expertise and your willingness to help out a stranger on the internet are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Glad you got it working.
                        I think what happened is that you accidently clicked the second line on the step asking what building you have chosen.
                        Directly after you build the outpost, the guide cannot automatically recognize it so the step with the two options gets shown.
                        It even happened to me a few days ago that I did not look at such a step carefully enough and ended up clicking my way through the Gorgrond guide until I reached the correct step

With the latest guide update the automatic redirection I mentioned to have a typo has been fixed. But this only affected the Arcane Sanctum path.

Comment

Not 100% sure here but would the guide not be able to automatically decide which building you built by querying "DraenorZoneAbilityFrame.SpellButton.spellName " which returns the spell attached to the building?

Comment

That's an interesting idea. However this would most likely show a localized name for the ability, maybe there's a way to get the ID for that spell. But then maybe the guide viewer needs additional functionality added.

I searched wowhead for a hidden quest but did not find anything yet.
                            Blizzard often used hidden quests for example to keep track of which treasures of Pandaria you already looted and now for example for the Ogre Dagg which you free two times in frostfire ridge by only opening the cage he's in and after you did this in both locations you find him at your garrison.
                            Opening each cage sets an internal quest to complete status, you can search for these quests at wowhead by filtering for the term "flag".

Edit: it should be possible to find the outpost spells at wowhead and I maybe it's possible to let the guide check for the spell as at low level steps there are quests which grant new spells.
                            Last edited by Cartman; November 27, 2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

DraenorZoneAbilityFrame.SpellButton.currentSpellID should return the ID of the current spell on the bar to avoid localized names.
                              And yeah the guide viewer would probably need a little extra functionality added to incorporate this. If it could be done, it would solve the problem of user error when choosing the Outpost built

Comment

Working...
                              X