Why is levelling so slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is levelling so slow

This guide claims to level you faster etc etc etc... Yet every single member of my guild spending the same time in the game as me is at level 100 and im on level 94 so how is it possible that these guides are attuned to help you level faster ?

There ARE faster ways to level... Dungeon finder is said to be a very fast way to level.

The guides are designed to be an easy and fast way to level by yourself.

And honestly, if you're 94, you're doing good. I'm only level 91.

Comment

This will without doubt be the last incarnation of Zygor guides that I purchase. I feel yet again It has failed to deliver on its sales pitch. Everyone who follows Blizzard own in game questing system levels faster than I do Even though they spend less time in the game than I do.

Not even a level ahead a whole % levels for less time played. how does possibly equate to a sound product giving what it sells as
      ?
      Honest answer is " it doesn't " .

Why does the guide never send you to an area a couple of levels above your current one where the xp rewards would be much higher for one instance?

I'm sorry but the fact is the guide does Not deliver on its advertised claims.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. You are free to go to the next guide if you wish to level in a higher level area.

Do you read all quest text or do you have that set to auto accept and auto turn in?

If they are following the quests, then most likely they are following near enough to the exact path you are following. But if they don't read quest text, they will level faster than those that do.

The game also has bonus objective areas that the guides ignore. Are they doing those?
        Last edited by Bomyne; November 16, 2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

The guide doesn't ignore bonus objectives, i have done two of them using the guide. That said, with the bugs with the alliance guide, and the problems with bugs in WoW. It's been rather frustrating following the guides...it sends me places where I'm suppose to pick up quest or turn in quest and when i get the to spot there is no npc there. I don't know if its a problem with the guides or a problem with phasing npcs in when i need them. Sometimes I log off and came back and the npc is there. Other times I find that its related to a outpost that i didn't build so that quest isn't applicable to me. I feel in both Blizzard & Zygor guides, we're paying them to beta test for them.

Comment

Originally posted by justme View Post
            This will without doubt be the last incarnation of Zygor guides that I purchase. I feel yet again It has failed to deliver on its sales pitch. Everyone who follows Blizzard own in game questing system levels faster than I do Even though they spend less time in the game than I do.

Not even a level ahead a whole % levels for less time played. how does possibly equate to a sound product giving what it sells as
            ?
            Honest answer is " it doesn't " .

Why does the guide never send you to an area a couple of levels above your current one where the xp rewards would be much higher for one instance?

I'm sorry but the fact is the guide does Not deliver on its advertised claims.
            Do you run the guide with all the Advanced User options enabled? With these options enabled ALONE you should be outleveling a regular player, as the automation this provides (auto-accepting quests, automatically being pointed where to go without having to look at the map, automatically selecting quest rewards and equipping them, automatically picking flights, ect.) makes it faster than using the default questing system.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I'm currently leveling much faster than a guild mate who even has the Garrosh heirloom weapon.
              When we both went online today he was about 2/3 through Talador while I only had finished Shadowmoon. While he was finishing Talador and doing a 20 minute break I even overtook him.

Leveling speed depends on many factors.
              The equipment you start WoD: if you only have Orgrimmar LFR equipment you will be much slower than someone with Orgrimmar normal equipment and legendary cloak.
              The class you play: some classes are slow on their own. Hunter, Paladin and DK have no problems fighting multiple enemies.
              How good you are at playing your class.
              Are you doing dungeons (maybe now dungeons will let you level faster but this greatly depends on the group)?
              Are you spending time with your garrison?
              Do you have big bags?
              Do you have a mount with vendors so you don't need to visit a vendor to free up bag space?
              Are you reading quest texts?
              Are you looking at every quest reward?
              Are you leveling up professions (don't know about Draeonor but mining and herbalism can speed up leveling)?
              Are you wasting time playing Super Mario to get every rare mob?
              Do you need to wait for mob respawns?

Comment

While I agree the levelling guides were a bit of a mess at launch, I still managed to follow them and get 15th to 100 on my server overall and 1st rogue. Took about 19 hours, which was slower than I would have liked but still faster than if I'd had to go in there blind knowing where nothing was

Comment

I just hit 100 with my Monk and it took me 17 to 18 hours from 90 to 100 (I don't have the exact time from level 90 on but from 91 to 100 I needed 16,5 hours).
                  I must admit that I did all bonus quests in every zone (I did not know before playing if all are covered so I sometimes did them when I thought it was right - maybe I wasted a bit time there when they are in the guide at a better point).
                  And I did Gorgrond without guide due to the problems with the quests related to the outpost building. And my routing there was surely not optimal.

Leveling in WoD in general sometimes feels a bit slow due to all the running around and traveling to the garrison. But I think with a bit guide tweaking and rested bonus 15 hours should be possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X