Guide was not ready for WOD launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide was not ready for WOD launch

I have been a fan of Zygor guides in the past but the WOD guide is very flawed and not functional. It was not ready for release.

Most of it's issues stem from the garrison buildings and the guide not routing properly, Talador being a perfect example of that. If you want to use the guide you sure as hell better pick the mage tower building (or whatever the hell it's called ) because if you don't you will not be able to even get to 96 with the current content in the guide. That's after you frustratingly spend hours trying to get past the incorrect routing in the guide.

Zygor team we deserve better then this.

I will hold off putting money down on this till it works - cheers

Comment

i agree with dav in terms of the garrison building selection. if you select the right one (whatever it is called), zygor "seems" to be functioning ok. Of course, given the description of the building selection screen, most of us would choose the left one since it often says the reward is weapon and armor related. and that's when the f up surfaces.. anyway.. see if this works for anyone else...

Comment

I've been with Zygor from the beginning and I can say that I am very dissapointed. I couldn't use the guide hardly at all until I got to Spires. I had to turn it off until I would go to a new zone then try it until it screwed up which usually was at the beginning. The guide seems to be working so far in Nagrand, but this version is not ready for prime time.

Comment

First of all, let me just say that we are very sorry to hear about the problems you folks experienced with the guide. That is not the experience we want you to have and trust that we will be working non-stop through the weekend to have this fully resolved.

The problem is primarily in the Alliance guide. All of the quests are in there but the Garrisons introduce a new mechanic where the questing path changes based on the buildings you create. To address this, we use a routing system to detect what you pick and move you to the correct quests. Quite simply, the routing system on Alliance isn't working like we intended (seems to be just fine on Horde). To make problems worse, Blizzard took down the beta 2 weeks earlier than they ever did in the past preventing us from any additional testing. And the server maintenance and long queue times have affected our ability to get in game to work on the guides just like everyone else. We know this is frustrating and would truly appreciate your patience at this time.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I am Horde and the Horde guide has the routing issues as well.

Comment

I am finding it much faster to level with in game quest markers, map, etc. This is first time I have been frustrated with Zygor guide. I just decided to disable it and not use it for now. HOpefully when I level other 90s to 100 it will be updated to function properly.

Comment

Working...
              X