Leveling Guide - WoD Treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling Guide - WoD Treasures

You should add the world treasures to your leveling Guide. Often times they are in the same areas that you're already questing in (literally 2 feet way at times) and they give up to 20k xp each. It would make your guide far more efficient.

The treasures are covered in our Professions and Achievements guide: http://www.zygorguides.com/guides/wo...s-achievements
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; November 20, 2014, 09:50 AM.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

u can get the treasures so easily... just by seeking your main city vendor that sells the maps.. or there is addons...

Comment

followers

atm ide like to see a more in depth guide detail on followers... and also go into the fishing WoD anglers acheivement for the 600-700 cooking or fishing and or the followers ect ull want and need non of the information is there... noone whatsoever or anything that saves u anytime it says EXample = Scorpion fish but doesnt say how many or location.... considering we pay for a complete guide...??? just shows your spending allot of time on other games..

Comment

Something interesting to note. Zygor support might want to take a look at this written guide: http://elvinelol.com/forums/showthre...Leveling-Guide
          It includes some steps for the treasures as suggested, as well as when to use Guild Banners for added XP. This would be very beneficial information to add for leveling. Perhaps add these as advanced options for people who really want to power level?? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
            The treasures are covered in our Professions and Achievements guide: http://www.zygorguides.com/guides/wo...s-achievements
            You totally missed the point.

The guide has you move all over the zone but doesn't lead you to the treasures, all of which give nearly as much XP as quests (but just for looting one item!). Splitting it out for achievements misses the opportunity to get way more xp whilst leveling.

Means the paid for guide is not the most efficient way of leveling, which really sucks because that's what i thought i was buying. (To quote the sales pitch on the leveling page "Zygor's Leveling Guide includes the most optimized questing path for power leveling from 1-100 in lightning speed.")

Additionally lots of the treasures give garrison resources which are pretty important later for anyone that wants to get all their garrison perks.....

So whilst it may be useful to have a treasure specific guide the treasures should be steps in the main guide or you should remove the claim that you're selling the "most optimized" as its false.....

Also the group quests are missing but they're pretty much all soloable, especially with the garrison CD. Again many of these give lots of easy garrison resources so people will have to go back to do them at some point anyway.

I actually love these guides... (I used tour guide back in the day). I don't mind paying (even though its kinda overpriced) but i do feel ripped off when i realise the guides have missed such a key element of speed leveling in WOD. I'm perfectly capable of researching how best to level but i pay so i don't have to, whoever did the research for the guides this time around made a glaring oversight.

Handnotes and Handy notes WOD Treasure addons will show all the treasures on map/mini map so in the meantime i can deviate from the guide to get treasures as i level other toons but it detracts from the 'level without thinking' experience i paid for....... really think Zygor should step up and correct this in the main guide rather than suggest we spend another $35 on something that cant even be used whilst leveling anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by boda75 View Post
              really think Zygor should step up and correct this in the main guide rather than suggest we spend another $35 on something that cant even be used whilst leveling anyway.
              We agree, which is why as soon as we wrap up on fixing the launch day issues (nearly done now) we will be looking to incorporate the treasures better into the Leveling guide. We want you guys to be completely satisfied with your purchase.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Awesome response! Thanks for replying so fast, i remain a satisfied customer.

Comment

Although leveling FAST is really cool for many folks and is the top priority for someone that wants to get geared FAST to raid with their team and get to end game content in a timely manner.. HOWEVER.... Leveling too fast can cause issues.. not completing zones doesn't get you nice quest rewards to enable getting into dungeons. You simply cant savor the reward like a newbie should when coming to the game. You miss important flight points that need to be learned in order to get around especially if a friend wants you to go some place and meet them etc... OR wanting to use parts of the guide that need you to start some place and you cant get there efficiently cause you don't have the pre quests or rep or flight point..

I really believe that levelling IS already quick in the game no matter what you do. Sure efficiency can be added to a degree but keep in mind that Blizzard has made is super easy and fast already but at a cost of missing many zones and areas that people don't get to see anymore. The guide already gives you options to skip this or that and even complete areas. That's cool for people willing to do that.

I personally enjoy questing through a zone or at least part of it until the last xpac where I end up doing ALL the quests in the zone so that I have access to everything available to me... new quest lines, rep, easter eggs etc...

Make it any faster and I think it takes away from the game and you may as well buy a toon already levelled.
                  I say this will all due respect to your opinion. My wife and I have well over 40 toons at level 100. Heck my wife can level a toon from 90-100 in less than 2 days using the guide as it stands! Need it faster? mmmmm I wonder.

Connectix

Comment

Working...
                  X