Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding levelling and incomplete zones

Hey guys,

I've been levelling with Zygor for a year or two now and really appreciate the effort that goes into these guides

My question is: Is it more efficient (when the guide suggests a new zone) to complete the zone you are in or to start with the suggested zone including travel time.

I often level with heirlooms and find myself constantly being suggested to move to the next zone and wonder if the travel time is included when these guides are designed.

Thanks

If you're looking at it for speed of leveling aspects then you should go ahead and go to the next zone when it's suggested. Normally what I'd do when it pops up is I'll accept going to the next zone but I'll make a side trip quick and go back and turn in any quests that I completed but are still in the log. Even tho you can sometimes level faster in a zone/area that's lower than you are (being able to kill the mobs faster) staying there too long can turn into a slower process because it takes more and more to get the same xp as if you moved on.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Sweet, that's exactly what I've been doing.

Thank you

Comment

Especially at low levels it depends a bit on where you need to go for the next zone.
        Sometimes it may take some time to travel across the whole continent and if you did not skip ahead and finished the zone you may have been able to even skip a complete zone.
        I for example quested through Hellfire and Zangarmarsh in order to be able to competely skip Terokkar Forest, go ony with Nagrand, do all quests there in order to hit 68 and go to Northrend early.
        In Northrend I do the whole Tundra (the required item is no problem as I have my own Engineer), skip Dragonblight, do the whole Grizzly Hills including group quests and then either hit level 70 there or do some quests in Icecrown.
        That way I was able to do the 1-90 run with a full heirloom Paladin in 62 hours and 37 minutes.

Comment

Working...
        X