Warlords of Draenor beta - Personal level time 90-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warlords of Draenor beta - Personal level time 90-100

Hey Zygor and crew! Been a while since I've been on this website now. Have had a break from WoW seeing as nothings happened for so long patchwise on live servers.
    Siege of Orgrimmar hasn't exactly been tempting content.

Anyhow, I read that you are writing the level guide for Warlords now, seeing as I got a beta invite I have just lvl'd up from 90-100 to see my general time.

It needs to be said that I have wasted a lot of time with garrisons and standing about afk, so many hours has gone into that, many many hours.

I reached 100 recently on a shaman and my /played time was just under 30 hours, that gives an average of 3 hours per level between 90 and 100.

Seeing how lvling up has become so easy in WoW these days there is almost no reason to use a guide anymore, starting from Pandaria in my opinion.

Still, being a loyal Zygor follower I did buy the MoP guide before MoP came out.

If you want my money for the guide this time around, I suggest you give me some level times you achieve prior to the expansion coming out, if the times are good, you'll have an extra customer for your Warlords guide.

Guaranteed! =)

I'm hoping that it's possible to break it down to 2 hours per level so it can be done in around 20 hours, hopefully even less.
    Doing a pure non-stop speedrun that is.

Would be nice if the guide speed runners for Zygor could surprise me.

Level times are going to vary wildly depending on class, spec, and gear level so offering leveling times isn't really practical. Add in the fact that between power leveling groups tapping certain mobs and the sheer number of people flooding zones, no new classes or races will only make this worse, any estimates they provide would most likely not be very realistic early expansion and would be held against them. On a personal note, I leveled my prot pally without entering an instance in 15 hours having an ilvl of 572 helps a lot as did being off work while most people are in school or at work.

While I seriously debated if it would be worth it to buy an update to a guide that I have been using since WotLK, I have decided that the time savings will be worth it to me provided the price is reasonable.
    My tanks:
    Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
    Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
    Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
    Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
    Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
    Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
    Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
    Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
    Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Hoping to get an answer from the Zygor team regarding my questions.

In difference to the reply in the thread.
      I already know all of what you write about, I have been playing WoW on and off since 13 may 2005, played every expansion so far.

I don't really care about those kind of details, what I care about is a number that Zygor's crew can come up with, fast or slow, with using the guide, once it's done being made.
      I take it the guide is far from done, if it's started being made already even.

I was able to clock in 30 hours with slowpoke lvling, you say you were able to do it in 15 hours, I expect there to be a middleground between this then, using the guide.

I also don't want them to guarantee any estimates, I simply want to know what times they were able to achieve 90-100 /played for the route they will be putting into the guide.
      Doing that doesn't mean that they guarantee any estimates as far as I'm concerned.

I might not even be nearly as efficient at speeding up lvling as the people working for Zygor, but it would be of great help for me to want to spend the money on the guide.

I have every class in-game at level 90, I had every class in-game at 85 in Cataclysm and also back at 80 in Wrath of the Lich King.
      All I care about when it comes to this guide is speeding to the new level cap, seeing as I have so many characters to level up.
      I get bored of playing the same class, and change it up a lot.

I will be doing a more proper speed run using the Hunter class in a few days, what I used first time around was a Shaman.

If Zygor's crew can beat my speed time decently, I'll buy the upgraded guide, simple as that.
      No matter if I myself am able to reach those times or not, I just want some information to be put out in good faith on a products behalf.
      Because in the end it's us, the consumers, that's spending money on it.

I'm also well aware that Blizzard can change things around right before shipping the expansion, I remember some stuff was broken prior in a Zygor guide, I think that was when Wrath of the Lich King shipped. I didn't mind about it though, because it wasn't Zygor or his team's fault, they were doing the best they could.

Anyways, enough text diarrhea on my end, waiting for an answer from Zygor's crew.

Comment

It might be a while until the team is able to give an answer on this. The guide is still in the middle of development so it's hard to tell you a time to 100 with the guide when it's not complete.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

As usual leveling times depend on the class, spec, partly starting gear and if you immediately switch to the next zone if you can.
          I finished laeveling a character from 90 to 100 in 27 hours and 34 minutes (fury warrior).
          Looking back at how much time I spent trying bugged quests (garrison invasion...), building the garrison and finding paths and quests in general I expect you to be able to level the hunter in about 20 hours as you now already know where to get quests and how to make best use of flight points and hearthstone.

The guide will save some more time because you always have the choice of several quest hubs and as longs as you made notes yourself or leveled many characters there will always be a slighly faster path.

Comment

Hi Zygor Support, I appreciate the reply.

I hope some numbers will be shared once possible though, and prior to expansion being released.

My aim is to try and get ahead of the pack on my first character, so I can get a bit leeway on the crazyness that will be going on.

Though I'm sure many others will think the same so I'll just have to wait and see.

Always an excited mood prior to an expansion release, hehe.

Comment

Yes it is easier to level now but I treat the guide the same way I do the GPS in my truck I do the driving but its there when I need some info fast. leveling is always going to depend on the player skill and class but having the extra info the guide provides will always make it go smoother and easier.

Comment

Working...
              X