No updates to Wildstar guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No updates to Wildstar guides?

The Wildstar guides have not been updated since July 30th - is there a reason they are not being updated? I am using the Zygor Client 2.1.16.

Don't worry, we haven't given up on the Wildstar guides. Right now the majority of our focus is on getting the new WoD expansion guides completed for WoW which is due out in 2 months. Since we're so focused on that all of the guides (not just Wildstar) are seeing fewer updates. If something happens to break the guides we'll be sure to get it fixed right away, but the smaller bugs like typos or a bad coordinate are being put on a list to be fixed once we're done with the new guides.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
      Don't worry, we haven't given up on the Wildstar guides. Right now the majority of our focus is on getting the new WoD expansion guides completed for WoW which is due out in 2 months. Since we're so focused on that all of the guides (not just Wildstar) are seeing fewer updates. If something happens to break the guides we'll be sure to get it fixed right away, but the smaller bugs like typos or a bad coordinate are being put on a list to be fixed once we're done with the new guides.
      In researching this topic I discovered you top selling the guide in November. Which means you didn't even support it for 3 months.

Now in 2015 I received an email basically telling me you won't even update it. I already sent an email requesting a refund. Talk about a bait and switch

Comment

There is no bait and switch. In September when that was posted we had not given up on the Wildstar or ESO guides. The decision was made in the beginning of November when it was apparent that the sales were not going to pick up for those game guides and that we could not continue to support the guides.

As for not supporting it for 3 months, if that was the case then please explain how you purchased the guides for the game 2 months before that September post?

Comment

I just noticed that both the ESO and Wildstar guides have been discountinued. Do you plan on offering any compensation or at least credit for those who bought them in good faith?

Comment

This is being considered but I can't make any promises on it.

Comment

Thanks for the consideration - I have bought nearly every Zygor guide and have been a loyal customer. It's disappointing to see the other two guides be completely discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc73 View Post
                It's disappointing to see the other two guides be completely discontinued.
                Honestly, I can imagine it was probably disappointing to the ZG staff that programmed the guides when there wasn't a lot of demand for them after they were released.

Sadly though, that's the trend. As far as MMOs go, World of Warcraft's success was one in a million and it'll never happen again. Which means the market for anything (like ZG) for other MMOs is going to be very small compared to the market for WoW.

Comment

I understand that the sales were disappointing for them, but you still have paying customers left with a useless product. The ESO guides were already horribly buggy anyway. Given the cost of the guides, it was seriously disappointing - and the discontinuation of both after they were poorly supported to begin with is frustrating. I understand the business reasons, but that doesn't mean the customers who purchased them are not being affected.

Comment

I understand the business reasons, but that doesn't mean the customers who purchased them are not being affected.
                    ZG's team have said that they are going to do something for those that purchased the ESO and Wildstar guides. My advice would be to contact support directly if you want action faster

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                      ZG's team have said that they are going to do something for those that purchased the ESO and Wildstar guides. My advice would be to contact support directly if you want action faster
                      That's not true. So far we've only said we would consider doing something for those customers. No decision has been made yet as to if we will or will not do anything for the ESO and Wildstar customer.

Comment

That's not true. So far we've only said we would consider doing something for those customers. No decision has been made yet as to if we will or will not do anything for the ESO and Wildstar customer.
                        I am not sure what is so hard for you to decide. You discontinued two product lines with no warning that were poorly supported to begin with, given their high price. Doing something for customers who bought them and trusted in you to continue to support them and make the guides function is not unreasonable, and shouldn't be something you need to ponder over and keep repeating that you've made no decision on. That is just poor customer service, and is disappointing.

Comment

My apologies, i must have misunderstood.

I am not sure what is so hard for you to decide. You discontinued two product lines with no warning that were poorly supported to begin with, given their high price. Doing something for customers who bought them and trusted in you to continue to support them and make the guides function is not unreasonable, and shouldn't be something you need to ponder over and keep repeating that you've made no decision on. That is just poor customer service, and is disappointing.
                          My advice to contact support directly still stands though.

Comment

There was a disclaimer for both products that stated there was no guarantee that we would be able to maintain them. Since there was a disclaimer in place from the beginning this means that all customers should have been aware when they purchased the guides that there was a possibility that the products would be discontinued for any reason and by purchasing the guides you accepted that risk. Since you accepted the risk that means we are under no obligation to provide compensation.

But despite this it is still being considered because we know there are always two sides to every coin and we are trying to weigh the business side of the coin (what I just explained) with the personal side of the coin (your view on the situation).

Comment

I didn't say you were under an obligation to do so. However, considering you did not even give the guides a year, it's pretty shitty all around. I bought the guides because of my faith in your company based upon the WoW guides (of which I own all of them). Doing something like giving future credit toward other guides costs your business nothing, but not doing anything does cost you the goodwill of customers who trusted in your company enough to purchase your products. Your attitude comes across a bit flippant, and is disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                              X