[RESOLVED] Guides not loading in Wildstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Guides not loading in Wildstar

I purchased both the Exile and Dominion guides, but they will not show up in game (they are fully downloaded and installed in the Wildstar/addons folder). The guide viewer loads, but I get this:

ws1.png

When clicking to select a guide, I get this screen:

ws2.png

Everything is configured correctly in the Zygor updater client, and the files are all there, but I can't get them to load in Wildstar.
    Last edited by Zygor Admin; July 25, 2014, 08:23 AM.

I did some testing, it turns out to be a conflict with RavenMap, which is an addon I regularly use. Please consider adding compatability.

Comment

While we can't guarantee that the guides will work with all other addons we will do what we can to help everything to play nicely together. I'll make sure the team know about this particular addon conflict so they can investigate it more for any possible fixes.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks - it is a nice addon because the base icons for things like mining are horrible - they are green against a green map. Things are much harder to see without it.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc73 View Post
          Thanks - it is a nice addon because the base icons for things like mining are horrible - they are green against a green map. Things are much harder to see without it.
          RavenMap replaces both the minimap and the worldmap, both of which our guide is dependant on, so it will be hard to add compatibility. However, we're exploring an idea that might make us independant of any minimap/zonemap addons.
          Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Hi,

I know you cannot promise anything with other add-ons working well with yours but I do hope you can get mini-map add-ons and map add-ons to work nicely with yours somehow please. For mini-map I prefer Nexus mini map , or Guard Mini map and for my main map I love using Guard Zone Map. I hope you will be able to help or assist in this area as a lot of us seem to use map add-ons etc. Thanks again for such an awesome add-on and supporting Wildstar.

Comment

We just pushed a new update which should make the Guide Viewer and Waypoint Arrow functional regardless of any third party mapping addons being used. If you're using addons that replace the minimap then our minimap markers will not be visible, but the core components (viewer/arrow) will still work. There may still be some conflicts with other addons since we can't account for every possible one, but this should resolve the issues with most.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Thank you so much for responding and doing something to help us out. Awesome news and you guys are awesome as well . I hope in time the mini map issues will be completely resolved but until then one massive THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Wow, thank you! I am impressed at how quickly you made the change. I will happily forgo markers on the map for compatibility, and it is working well. Great support!

Comment

Working...
                  X