Dread Waste Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dread Waste Suggestion

I know the guide has us going to Townlong Steppes for levels 88-89 and on step 177, it has you cross the bridge to goto Dread Wastes, but I had decided to try and finish out Kun-Lai Summit and get to 90 without needing to advance to the next zone and completing the quests given. When I arrived at Winter's Blossom, I was directed to Kite Master Len to learn his Flight Path. I noticed he also gave out a quest. It is called 'Better Dead than Dread' in which your given a flight path to Serpent's Spine up on the wall with Bowmistress Li needed for step 2 in the Dread Waste guide. I then went to Wowhead to look at the two quests, 'Better Dead than Dread' and 'The Threat in the South'. Under Comments for 'The Threat in the South', the very top one read as follows...

Bowmistress Li ends several breadcrumb quests offered to players as soon as they reach level 89 in order for them to begin questing in Dread Wastes. For a lot of players, its not intuitive how to reach her because she is located on the Serpent's Spine and on the border between zone maps. Here is a full guide:

From Kun-Lai Summit (quest Better Dead than Dread):
    Talk to the flightmaster Kite Master Len that gives this quest and fly to "Serpent's Spine, Vale of the Eternal Blossoms". Alternately, you can ride to Shado-Pan Fallback, enter the doors and ascend the staircase to the top of the wall, you can then ride southward to get there.

From Townlong Steppes:
    Better Off Dread - Return to Shado-Pan Garrison, talk to the flightmaster Kite Master Yao-Li and fly to "Serpent's Spine, Vale of the Eternal Blossoms".

The Threat in the South - This quest seems to be bugged and might not give the correct flightpath (and the text doesn't even mention flying to her). You can either drop it and take one of the alternate breadcrumbs listed here (closest is Dread Space), or ride to the Dread Wastes, going to the northeast corner of the zone to the Terrace of Gurthan. Next to the wall is a very small coil of Shado-Pan Rope that you can click on to ascend to the Serpent's Spine where you can reach Bowmistress Li (and also learn that flight path).

From Vale of Eternal Blossoms (quests The Klaxxi/ The Klaxxi):
    Taking your faction's quest adds the flight path you need. Talk to the flightmaster in your city and fly to "Serpent's Spine, Vale of the Eternal Blossoms".

From Dread Wastes (quest Dread Space):
    Taking this quest adds the flight path you need. Talk to the flightmaster Jin the Flying Keg at The Sunset Brewgarden and fly to "Serpent's Spine, Vale of the Eternal Blossoms".
    Since all these quests except 'The Threat in the South' actually gives you the flight path to where you need to go instead of having to run to the bottom of the wall and clicking on the rope, I think they might actually be a better choice, quite possibly 'Better Off Dread - Return to Shado-Pan Garrison, talk to the flightmaster Kite Master Yao-Li and fly to "Serpent's Spine, Vale of the Eternal Blossoms".'
    Last edited by Zygor Support; July 4, 2014, 06:57 PM. Reason: Added quote tags to make it easy to know what was you and what was the WoWHead comment

Will give this suggestion to the content team.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
    X