No announcement yet.

Completely useless after todays patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread title is actually not incorrect as if I even go through a wayshrine, and change screens I am starting the guide from scratch again. The only saving grace is everywhere I need to go I can ride or walk, so that has been my work-around. I think that it was not a mistake as we had to agree to the whole "your game will not be supported with add-ons loaded" message. This shows that they were at least trying to accomplish something, what it is I don't know, but something none the less.

Comment

[QUOTE=slobberyshart;97698]Thread title is actually not incorrect as if I even go through a wayshrine, and change screens I am starting the guide from scratch again. /QUOTE]

Oh wow! That's awful. It doesn't do that to me. Only if I log off, change characters or something like that does it reset. I wonder why we are different.
      Last edited by Kamchak; June 25, 2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aan1718a View Post
        A fix from Zygor would be the best thing........still waiting
        Sorry, but this is an ESO issue, and needs to be resolved by ESO. There is nothing Zygor can do to resolve this at this moment.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

But I didn't pay ESO $75 for Zygor's Add on, so I hope a fix is in the works...

Comment

I'm still digging around, but it might be intentional and they just forgot to document it. I read (from that thread), that Wykkyd and some other addon authors had switched to using another Saved Variables process that didn't rely on the @username and they've not been affected. So I'm going to guess that ZOS decided to get rid of the @username layer, as its not really necessary.

So I was wrong, it looks like Zygor can fix and may have to rewrite their saved variables layout.

Comment

Quick followup to my last post:
              Here is Wykkyd's post from May about his findings and changes: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=17

If you read that, you'll see why I now believe it was intentional. Apparently, the server's instancing system was causing a null value return with ZO_SavedVariables trying to read @username to read and write to the SV files.

(I just pasted the URL in, since some folks might be reluctant to click links if I embed them)
              Last edited by grumpus; June 26, 2014, 03:41 AM.

Comment

I'm wrong, its not working as intended. From Patch v1.2.3 Known Issues thread on official forums: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...omment/1038111
                Addon Settings: The add-on settings currently are not working as intended.

edit: For anyone wondering, that means its not going to be patched until Monday at the earliest. NA Servers are down for scheduled maintenance atm, but ZOS posted in another thread that there is no patch for today.
                Last edited by grumpus; June 26, 2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Not fun when you are on step 545 and a quest hand-in npc hasn't spawned so you NEED to relog. Sigh.

Comment

This should be fixed now in the latest version of the guides. Please use the Zygor Client to update your guides.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Here is what I see when I run the Zygor client.

My Zygor Client version is 2.1.1 on the Mac.

When the client runs, in the DOWNLOAD section:

it says under CURRENT VERSION: N/A
                      it says under LATEST VERSION: 1.0.9637

There is an Install button, and below this the message, “A new guide update is available.” When I click the Install button, I get the message, “Connecting to Zygor,” then, “Connected,” then the same “A new guide update is available.” message, and nothing happens.

I tried the Scan and Repair function, but I just get the same messages as above and nothing happens. I clicked the Re-install button, and it downloaded 1.78 MB worth of something, and then goes back to the same messages as above.

I am not sure what the problem is. But in my Addons folder, in the ZygorGuidesViewer folder, in the Guides folder, the files are date and time stamped just now, so perhaps the guides were updated to the latest ones, and the Client is not recognizing them for some reason?

Regards

Comment

Seems to be fixed..I had a Zygor update and all is working good for me

Comment

Rhudaur, try closing the Updater client and restarting it to see if that makes any difference.
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Just wanted to follow up, its working just peachy now. Thanks to the Dev team for making the user changes. It actually seems to run a lot better, I'm noticing a lot less "grey step" issues when phasing for quests, now.

Comment

Working...
                            X