I must be doing something wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must be doing something wrong

I am on my second toon using your guide. I love it from when i played before and I am following it to the letter. Here is my problem. I play from usually 11am to 10 or 11 pm. max time off game is 2 hours (eat, store etc). Neither toon has even come close to level 90 in 4 days. My main toon is a 35 shadow priest, time played 4 1/2 days. what am i doing wrong?

The problem is you're looking at this wrong I think. When we say 4 or 5 days we are referring to the /played time which is in-game only time. You're looking at real world time spent and that will never add up unless you play the game non-stop for 4 or 5 days straight. From what you're saying you've been playing about 10hours per day and at 4 days that's only 40 hours of /played time, not quite 2 days. Also, some classes will be easier to level than other classes which can affect how long it will take to level them. You're playing a shadow priest which can be on the slower side when compared to say a hunter or warlock which can face-roll thru the quests a lot faster. How much reading you do of quest text, stopping to smell the roses, picking up some minerals, etc. also play a big part in how long it takes for you to level. I know for me personally the priest class has always been one of my slower classes for leveling and hunter, warlock, paladin being my faster classes for leveling.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Okay thanks for clarifying for me. It just seemed that everything i read said 4 days. Which can mean 8 to 10 of my playing days or more . thank you.

Comment

Just an update: I hit level 70 today. I admit i havent been playing priest nonstop like i was but over half my play time or more is my priest. Shadow priests kill so fast I dont understand why it level slow.

Comment

The toons that level the fastest are ones that are kill 3 or more mobs at a time. If you're single pulling mobs it will be slower. There is nothing wrong with doing that tho as it's also safer and results in fewer deaths.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

khanjohn, here's something you can try while you are in the game.

Press your <Enter> key, and in the chat box that opens, type (with the forward slash and no spaces):

/played

Then, press the <Enter> key again.
            It should show you the amount of time you've played so far (on that char).

Comment

How fast you level depends on several factors.

The first one are heirloooms. With a full heirloom set you have many item slots you don't need to worry about, you will always have items appropriate for your level.

Second: how often do you switch zones. I usually stay in a zone until I finish it or run into grey quests because you still get full XP for green quests and low level mobs are very easy to kill so the quests don't take much time. Traveling to the next zone may take some time and if you outlevel that zone again after a few quests you'll spend more time running from zone to zone than doing quests.

Third: the class you are playing. Some classes will level slower, especially without heirlooms. The mage is one of my slowest leveling characters because depending on how you start combat you already spend some seconds before doing damage. While for example a warrior charges into the enemy instantly doing a lot of damage. Or a hunter just clicking everything dead with instant shots.

Fourth: the professions. If you try to level any other profession than the gathering professions you will spend a lot of time with that. While herbalism and mining are done while questing and even grant XP. However if you have herbalism and mining you have to chose the zones you are queting in wisely so you don't fall behind and run into ressources you cannot gather yet.

Comment

Working...
              X