Bug Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Reports

There are < MANY > places where the guide will say something like " leave the Fighters Guild " and when you do ... it stays RED and does not turn green like it should.

Should we report each one of those?

In that case, I want a paycheck .

A lot of buildings like that have multiple doors that you can use to enter/leave. If you do not enter/leave the door that the arrow points to (sometimes it appears faster to just leave via the door at point A while we point to point B) then the guide won't register that you left because it's coordinate based for the doors.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by arizona View Post
      There are < MANY > places where the guide will say something like " leave the Fighters Guild " and when you do ... it stays RED and does not turn green like it should.

Should we report each one of those?

In that case, I want a paycheck .
      Basically we need you to confirm if you followed the directions perfectly and it still showed up as a red incomplete step or if you went off guide and that was the reason it didn't update correctly.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I don't know how I would confirm I did it right. I'm usually hurrying to the next step and I don't record my play. Guess some people do.
        I will try to watch and see if it starts flashing and wants me to send in a bug report or anything. Usually I just ignore it and go on.
        Usually, though, when exiting a location there is a white icon on the door to indicate where to leave and that is where I go.

Comment

All of the doors have a white symbol on them to use them to exit but our arrow will only point to one of them.

Comment

VERSION: 1.0.9431
            FACTION: DC
            LEVEL: 29
            GUIDE: LEVELING\Rivenspire (24-30)
            STEP: 632
            GOALS:
            - 1. Go to Rivenspire 14,59 <goto> [passive] [rivenspire_base 14.96,59.12 <5] was_visited=true
            - 2. Enter the crypt <goto> [incomplete] [rivenspire_base 14.96,59.12 <5] [quest Archaic Relics##52013/6/-/-] was_bad_quest_stage=true force_complete=true was_visited=true was_complete=false force_noway=true

--- QUEST STAGE REPORT ---
            QUEST: Archaic Relics ##52013
            RECENT STAGES: unknown
            CURRENT QUEST STATE:
            [0] = {
            [[Q1 Knights of Arkay search for holy relics ___ have yet to return.<152>]],
            [[S1 I've been asked to help find the ___ the holy relics.<77>]],
            [[S1C1 == Find the Fingerbone of Saint Marben]],
            [[S1C2 Find Saint Ellenica's Prayer Book]],
            [[S1C3 Find Scythe Blade of Saint Octavien]],
            [[S2 NO TEXT]],
            [[S2C1 Find Matthiaume]],
            [[S3 NO TEXT]],
            [[S4 NO TEXT]],
            },

Added to main thread: Zygor Support
            Last edited by Zygor Support; June 15, 2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I have never noticed an arrow showing me which door to exit from. The large green arrow i usually have up at the top of my screen out of the way of what I am trying to see. Are you saying that green arrow has to be in the middle and will point me to an exit? From what I've seen it just points to the next destination and tells how far.

Also, many times it will say " follow the path " and I don't see a path. Or, there are several dirt places that could be a path. Sometimes the road is several yards away that we are apparently supposed to follow. I have just been heading in the direction of the Green Arrow, sometimes overland and ignoring paths " sometimes " especially when it isn't obvious what path it is referring to.

It would be an excellent idea if the guide wants us to leave by a certain door and follow a certain path if it gave us a DIFFERENT arrow or indicator than the large Green Arrow which points to the next destination.

Those gripes being griped I want to say you have done a great job on the traveling system where it tells you to go so many yards and then at an intersection it changes and shows you to go a certain direction for so many yards. As you travel it changes and keeps pointing you to the right road.

GOOD JOB there.

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
              All of the doors have a white symbol on them to use them to exit but our arrow will only point to one of them.

Comment

Yes, the arrow that is part of our guide viewer addon (large green one you can move around) will point to the door we are referring to for using. You should be able to easily tell if you're at the door by the distance indicated with the arrow. It does not need to be in the middle of the screen to work, just keep using it wherever you have it moved to.

Comment

I'll watch the green arrow for door indications.

Originally posted by Zygor Support View Post
                  Yes, the arrow that is part of our guide viewer addon (large green one you can move around) will point to the door we are referring to for using. You should be able to easily tell if you're at the door by the distance indicated with the arrow. It does not need to be in the middle of the screen to work, just keep using it wherever you have it moved to.

Comment

Screenshot_20140620_094054.jpg Screenshot_20140620_094436.jpg Screenshot_20140620_101211.jpg
                    If you look at the waypoint arrow in the bottom right hand side of the screen, this is what it has been doing on 3/5 quests all morning. I have reloaded the ui, quit the game and scan and repaired the guide, and lastly I deleted all zygor files on my PC and reloaded the guides. As far as the OP goes, your guide is pretty screwy with the doors. I can go through the door that the guide says to use, and the step stays red. Most of the time I have to go back to the door and grind all over the door to hit the sweet spot to advance the guide. It's not one or two doors either, here lately I would probably spend more time doing your bug reports than actually playing.
                    Last edited by slobberyshart; June 20, 2014, 10:14 AM. Reason: Added in a 3rd screenshot with the waypoint problem.

Comment

Next time it's pointing to the wrong location try opening up the in game map and then closing it to see if that corrects the arrow. One of your other addons might be messing with the guide viewer seeing the map changes which is what the arrow needs to point correctly.

Comment

Not the other add-ons, as I have booted into the game with only Zygor loaded and it does the same thing. It's getting so old, that I uninstalled the other add-ons and deleted the saved variables folder just to make sure it wasn't an issue. Tried that this morning after I got another interesting error. When I click on someone to start the Mages Guild or Fighters Guild or Main Quest, all of a sudden my guide viewer starts to tick off all the steps until it reaches the final step of that quest. Happened to me last on Castle of the Worm portion of the Main Quest. Just happened to my wife on the exact same quest.
                        Last edited by slobberyshart; June 21, 2014, 01:53 PM. Reason: added "or" to clarify it happens on all 3.

Comment

hi,

I had reports for bugs as below:

318.000> unpausing
                          22:39:39.318.000> [_SUB] [pointer] ClearWaypoints way
                          22:39:39.503.000> [step] Getting Next Valid Step
                          22:39:39.503.000> [step] Step:GetNext: step 409 says nil so going with +1
                          22:39:39.503.000> SkipStep to 410
                          22:39:39.503.000> FocusStep 410
                          22:39:39.503.000> unpausing
                          22:39:39.503.000> [_SUB] [pointer] ClearWaypoints way

Comment

Working...
                          X