Conflict with ZrMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conflict with ZrMM

I dont know if this matters here, but I will post it anyway.

When running the ZrMM - Modified addon, it messes up the Zygors guide. It points you in totally the wrong direction.

I guess the only thing that could be done id to reach out to that author and find a solution.

Hi korenogamer;

Can I ask what you are using that addon for, specifically? I do know there is another minimap addon I found in minion that doesnt seem to conflict.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by korenogamer View Post
      I dont know if this matters here, but I will post it anyway.

When running the ZrMM - Modified addon, it messes up the Zygors guide. It points you in totally the wrong direction.

I guess the only thing that could be done id to reach out to that author and find a solution.
      That is weird. I am using that addon with Zygor with no issues.
      Bouvi

Comment

Yes I tried the minimap by Shinni first... but I cant control the zoom on it. Everytime I open the bit map it autozooms all the way in. then when i close the map. the minimap is also zoomed all the way in.

Comment

Too Many Bad Quest Issues & Conflict with ZrMM-Updated

It is driving me crazy! I need the Mini map but since the last ESO update it is causing unresolvable lua errors .. seems Zygor can't find it's location on the map and so it just blanks the map out. Remove Zygor, minimap works beautifully. Zygor is driving me nuts for ESO anyway .. it only works halfway decently if you only play ONE character and don't do anything but quest on that character. However, if you party with friends to go elsewhere - dungeons, other area group questing, etc - it helps little to not at all to get you back to your quest area. And if you log off, or switch to another toon to level (I am leveling 3), you spend more time MANUALLY trying to catch Zygor Guide up to where you left off with that toon. I bought all three faction guides because of the awesome experience I had with them in WoW, but they are almost useless in TESO. I live alone on social security disability, and I could surely put that money to better use than on guides that cause me more time and frustration TRYING to catch up and get to work, than I do on leveling my characters. Without the smart injection system, it's just a mess .. and even though I update the guides always before I start the game, I am met with constant 'bug' report requests for 'bad link in quest' or some such. If it happened once in a great while, I'd say it's a bug .. but it happens so often I'm beginning to despair that John is ever going to get this guide to work seamlessly with TESO. It's been days now, if not weeks, since the last major update of TESO and the game still shows Zygor Add On as OUT OF DATE, yet Zygor Client Updater insists it IS current. :/ If I have to choose between these two addons, it will be the Minimap .. which Zenimax made a huge mistake in not leaving as an in-game option along with the compass. Most of us use both anyway. So that's not John's fault, but the minimap addon is not causing the constant broken quests errors. :/ I've been a HUGE Zygor Guides supporter since they first came out and have gotten many, many WoW players to use them over the years. Sadly, as it now stands, I can't recommend them to my friends playing Elder Scrolls. :/

Comment

There is an older mini map on minion that the original maker has abandoned, hasnt been updated since march. Another person took over and updated the ZRMM minmap program for 3.0 update. It works great but has a major conflict with Zygor. I also have all 3 guides and I love them! Can we get a fix for this conflict? Cannot even turn Zygor on now. The name of the mini map program is ZrMinMap - Updated by Fyrakin.

Comment

We will look into seeing how difficult it would be to make our addon compatible with ZrMiniMap. We will let you know when we have more info.
              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Agree 100% on the bugginess of Zygor for ESO and I too have purchased nearly every guide they have and used Zygor for WoW religiously. But sadly the ESO version is terribly buggy and seems not to have many updates of substance. I am extremely disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by kschir View Post
                  Agree 100% on the bugginess of Zygor for ESO and I too have purchased nearly every guide they have and used Zygor for WoW religiously. But sadly the ESO version is terribly buggy and seems not to have many updates of substance. I am extremely disappointed.
                  The challenging thing about ESO compared to other games is that Zenimax did not implement an id system for npcs, quests, ect. like most MMO's do which means everytime they change the game we have rework the guides and that takes some time to do since we aren't given any special privileges to develop our guides. We're doing our best to keep the guides updated despite all of this. Now, the issue described in this thread has nothing to do with our guide being "buggy". ZrMM is a third party addon and not an actual part of the game. We're gonna try to add compatibility support for it but it's not required for our guide to work.
                  Last edited by Zygor Admin; September 2, 2014, 03:17 PM.
                  Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                  X