ESO levelling pacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESO levelling pacing

Just want to let you folks know that by about lvl 20, the guide has me completing quests a level ahead, fine for XP and doable, but quest rewards are not usable.

Now I am at level 25, I am about 1.3 levels behind the ability to use quest reward items - I don't think your pacing is ideal for those players who want to be able to use quest reward gear.

I am now purposefully grinding mobs as I go (instead of avoiding them) and using a skyshard map add-on to gather skyshards including those inside solo and open dungeons to quest and kill mobs in an attempt to keep up with the quest reward level requirements.

I understand that the purpose of Zygor guides is to maximise the rate of levelling - just saying there is a level of frustration caused by the pace of levelling with the guide.

When running between quests, kill a few mobs on the way, they soon mount up. By the end of the level 16 section, I was already level 18. You just need to make sure you do what you can to keep yourself with the guide.

Another way to do it is to take 10 minutes away from the guide and run through a public dungeon in the area, kill the world bosses. They soon boost exp.

Comment

Yep, have been running public dungeons especially to get shards, hanging around doing world bosses and anchors, and killing more mobs along the way, but at level 31.8 I am still getting lvl 33 quest rewards.

Not a big problem though, just thought the pacing needed to be mentioned.

Comment

Just craft your own grear and deconstruct the stuff that u get. The higher level the gear, the better. You'll level your crafting professions faster. Improve your crafted gear then go to the enchanter store and enchant it. You level so fast when using the guide, the gear you get will be useless in a very short time. You can also sell them if you belong to a guild store. Crafting your own gear is better in the long run. And if you decide to create alts, then you can craft gear for them too. My VR2 sorc has been crafting gears for my alts, I have a lvl 4 templar I just created, and he's already wearing all blue gear enchanted w/ magicka carrying a blue destro staff

Comment

Just an update ... have been using Zygor for levelling other characters and slowed the pace by not avoiding mobs and by making sure all the sky shards in solo and public dungeons are retrieved and this seems to improve the mob kill XP enough to keep me paced with quest rewards.

Appreciate the advice on the crafting of gear, but my comment was based on my first toon which although now is crafting for my alts, did not yet have the capacity to craft own-level greens and blues.

Comment

Working...
          X