Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with Java updater for WoW

Hey everyone,

I'm coming back to WoW from a 3 year hiatus and I wanted to use Zygor's Guides again. I noticed that there's a new updater so I downloaded it and double-clicked the java file. Nothing happened except it put a "Z" icon in my task tray. I right-clicked on that icon and it gave me the options of "check for updates", "open" or "exit". I clicked "open" and an icon shows up on the bottom of my screen as if a program is running, but there's nothing on my screen. I can see that a java program is running when I go to task manager, yet nothing shows up on my screen. I've tried restarting my computer, reloading java, redownloading the client and I've run out of ideas. I never had this problem with the old client and I've been able top use the guides by manually installing from the .zip files, but I'd like to be able to use the client for updates.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Do you have any anti-virus that might be causing an issue? Wild guess there.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Can you retrieve the log file for v2.0.700? On windows, the full path for the Zygor log directory is (by default):
      C:/Users/<User>/AppData/Local/Zygor/log. The log file you should open (in Notepad, or any other text editor) is 2.0.700.log. Let me know if that file doesn't exist, as that's another issue worth noting

Comment

Im also having the same issues with the new launcher, here is a copy of my log file hope it helps.
        Last edited by Zygor Support; May 22, 2014, 04:10 PM.
        Its not an addiction if you ignore paying for 9 accounts every month.....

Comment

Thanks for that log file. I removed the link in the post just so no one could get it and try to decrypt your encoded password that was in the logs.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by glissonmike View Post
            Im also having the same issues with the new launcher, here is a copy of my log file hope it helps.
            Alright your log is showing that a connection is timing out. I may not be handling it properly. I'll take a look and post back momentarily.

Comment

Working...
            X