Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool to switch your guides for Veteran Content

Hi All,

So I was bored, so I knocked together this little application which will change your loaded guide from your selected home faction, to whichever selected faction you want for Veteran levelling.

This is developed off of the sterling work done by Inforcer007 in this thread : http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...0-for-everyone

UPDATE:

This is now safe to use in any given scenario for the state of your addon.
    If you had flipped to DC from EP, feel free to go AD to DC without clearing out your addon.

I added a reset step which reverts the addon back to its original state each time it is used before applying any new settings, and the Reset button hooks onto the same function.

Also added the Region lookup for the addon folder, so hopefully there will be no more clicking through folders to find the addon. I left the old way in as a backup in case though.

Downloads:
    Application archive: https://mega.co.nz/#!MscAhJyZ!ZKgxwQ...4pP7o3K0s8Hj8Y

Source Code:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!9lNnjSwY!hMKUD1...qJ9tgjGpCKix6Y

USAGE:
    • Run the ZygorEsoVeteranFlipper.exe
    • Select your Region from the drop down: If your addon is not installed in the standard location, or for any other reason the flipper cannot find your folder, do the next step. Otherwise, skip the next step!
    • Select the location of your Addon. This needs to be the Zygor addon in the correct regional live folder... so for me, its in C:\Users\{Me}\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer
    • Select your Home faction
    • Select your Target Quest faction
    • Click GO!
    • Watch in Wonder as the magic happens!!!!

Huge disclaimer: This was cobbled together as a little fun project whilst quite drunk on Wine.

There is nothing malicious in the code. Take a look and see! The source is there.. But no laughing at my code... its terrible.. Lots of string manipulation!

BUT its MVVM Compliant (lol)

Notes:
    • I accept no responsibility for this screwing up your files.
    Last edited by escape1979uk; May 3, 2014, 04:47 AM.

oh nice thanks for the tool, will make good use of this.

Comment

I can't get it working. Guide for DC worked great. And now i've switched to AD for VR content. Kenarthis Roost worked great, but now I cannot continue. No guide for Auridon shows up.

Comment

Make sure in the zygor client you do a reinstall and not a repair I noticed repair doesn’t do much.
        Don’t worry it doesn’t touch the saved variables so progress not affected.

You will need to reinstall the addon every time you change factions then you can run the tool to change it, works np.

Comment

Using the tool to reinstall did not work, so I removed every last trace of zygor from my harddrive manually, and then made a fresh install, and it worked! Thank you inforcer007.

Comment

Cheers for the feedback

Will tweak it a bit tomorrow so it resets from any state and applies the right settings.
            Also picking up the path for the addons folder rather than that shitty old WinForms style folder selector.

Comment

1. Added a Reset to the flipping process, so no need to revert the addon with Zygor client before changing faction.
              2. Added Reset button to revert the addon back to its original state
              3. Added Addon lookup by region with fallback to the old style Dir finder if it fails.
              4. Updated original post

Comment

seems to work fine. many thanks! couldnt see anything problematic in the source code either.
                should have used Qt though ;p

Comment

Haha true I never have to worry about cross compatibility at work though!
                  .NET all the way

Comment

Tool does not seem to work. Used exactly as instructions stated. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Immranarchy,

Did you get any error with the flipper?
                      Do you have all 3 factions purchased?
                      What OS are you using?

Comment

I have windows 7 and no errors with patcher. Not sure what's wrong

Comment

I've just verified that with the new addon patch the flipper still works, at least for Win 8, however the relative path to your addon should still be the same.

Ok, can you please let me know which step fails or does not behave as laid out?
                          1. Select Your Region:
                            As soon as you select either EU or AMER, the application looks for the Addon folder.
                            If it finds it with no problems, the Rest of the panel becomes active.
                            If it does not find it, the drop down box will change to a button and allow you to navigate to the addon path manually.
                          2. Select Your Side
                            You must select the Starting faction for your character that you wish to play.
                            Bear this in mind if you have alts with other base factions.
                            When this is selected, the options for the "Select your veteran Zone" will restrict to the other two factions.
                          3. Select Your Veteran Zone
                            This is the Zone that you wish to level in for Veteran Content.
                            You should not be selecting your home faction here under any circumstance
                          4. Reset
                            Clicking this button is a good test of the state of things.
                            You should see "Addon files restored". Please try this for both EU and AMER region settings.
                          5. Go
                            When you click here, you should see a message that says "Succesfully changed from {home} to {target}" where {home} and {target} are your selections from the other drop downs.

Comment

Originally posted by immranarchy View Post
                            I have windows 7 and no errors with patcher. Not sure what's wrong
                            You only own one faction guide and that is probably what's giving you the problems. For the Veteran ranks you'll need to own all 3 faction guides.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

EDIT WORKS
                              Last edited by bsk54; May 9, 2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X