OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESO guide, A very happy gamer. (first time buyer thoughts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESO guide, A very happy gamer. (first time buyer thoughts)

I usually don't make post like this but after trying this guide i felt like i needed to make a post if there are any other gamers, like i was, that was on the fence about trying zygors ESO leveling guide.

If your like me, 30 dollars for a game you paid 50-70 bucks for seems like a lot to put into a game when you really have no idea what the product does.

To me zygor lets me enjoy the game 100%, there is no down time looking at maps, or back tracking since you went the wrong way for a quest. It really lets you the player focus on the game and enjoying the rich story and game play more then worrying about which way to go or what order to do quests. Simply its like having the strategy guide in game telling you what to do, no down time picking up a strategy book to see where to go or what to do. It even gives you details on how to beat harder NPC's you run across making you prepared for any battle on your first play through. It also speeds up how fast you level drastically. I dont know if its simply do to it takes out the time sinks of getting lost on quests, or that its main streamed to let you get the most out of each quest and your time played. I guess its a little of both.

Now the Cons i have with the guide.

Sometimes the quest tracker will not update, this is a easy fix since you can key bind keys to advance the quest tracker and one simple push of a button will get you back on track. would be nice if it worked clean (i do know you guys are still working on it and i'm sure it will be fixed in the future)

Also i think sometime during beta they increased how much XP it took to level. This being said i am always a half level to a level behind what the guide says i should be at the end of a zone. This hasn't slowed me down since the quests are still solo-able but it would be nice if it was spot on. I know you cant guarantee you be lvl 24 when you leave a zone because there is no way to know how many side kills one will get while following your guide. I just worry that in the end ill run out of quests before hitting level 50.

Thanks for making this guide and keep up the great work.
    -Charlie-
    Last edited by charliediesel; April 30, 2014, 10:19 AM.

Curious how happy Charlie is with the ESO guides after playing for a few months. I am very unhappy. I don't think it's Zygor's ability to program that causes the issues, I think The Elder Scrolls Online is just a far too complex, too interactive massive program which changes frequently. I don't think Zygor has the capability to keep on top all that with these guides, because they were amazingly awesome for World of Warcraft for many years and probably still are - I just stopped playing WoW about 3 years ago. The ESO guides are too buggy, and interfere with too many other addons I rely on for gameplay. Plus I was concerned when a Zygor admin posted that it seemed a player posting bugs had actually gone off the guide and accepted other quests - leading us to believe that would be a problem. That is the beauty and essence of ESO, most of us are not in a mad race to endgame and the WoW smart injection system always allowed the Guides to catch us up anywhere. Not so with ESO. For me it was almost a total waste of $90. I keep checking back here hoping to find better news, to no avail. /sigh

Comment

Working...
    X