X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alchemy 1-600 Travel System

Step 72

Level 52 Worgen Mage - Following Kalimdor 1-60 zone guides

From Stormwind, it wants me to fly to Shalewind Canyon, Redridge to zone into Swamp of Sorrows in order to farm Golden Sansams. The problem is that the path to Swamp of Sorrows is high up in the mountains and unaccessible without the ability to fly in the old worlds of Azeroth until around lvl 60.

I know the guides are better used when lvl 90 but I enjoy doing the professions as I level.

When you look in the options for the travel system what do you have it set to? Fastest, comfortable, etc.?

Added this to our list to get looked at.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Find Travel Rouutes - checked
      Travel Preference - Fastest, use every trick
      Route calculation speed - medium

Comment

Maybe the travel system only is missing the travel points from one zone to another.
        You can easily get to Swamp of Sorrows from Redridge by going south to Duskwood, leaving Duskwood to the east and crossing the Deadwind Pass.
        If you have the reveal map guide feature turned on you'll see the roads you need to follow.

Comment

I just went into badlands? and took the rocket back down through the valley on the east side of Redridge into the swamp.

Comment

The rocket from Badlands is another possibility (if no quest is needed to use it).

I checked the map about the path you were refering to and that path leads from Burning Steppes down to the Swamp.
            If you leave Redridge north to the Steppes, turn right and follow the southern mountains you will find it.

I'd have to check if the travel system uses these paths, on some occasions the travel system takes these paths into account (for example from Arathi to Hinterlands or Hinterlands to Western Plaguelands).

Comment

I think he meant Burning Steppes and not Badlands.

The travel system will take this into account. I'll use the rocket ride from Burning Steppes to Swamp of Sorrows as an example here. There is a quest related to using that rocket. Normally while leveling you would take that rocket ride, which marks the quest as completed. The travel system will only tell you to use that rocket if you have not completed the quest. I'm guessing that since the character is 52 that means the rocket ride quest had already been completed which would explain why the travel system didn't suggest using it.

Of course after saying all that I notice he's been using the Kalimdor guides for leveling so maybe the travel system was trying to get him to use the rocket ride but got hung up with directing him up to Burning Steppes.

Do you remember exactly where you were standing in SW when you started this step? Maybe I can reproduce this odd pathing to figure out what it's doing.

Comment

Yea, in Burning Steppes. Sorry, I wasn't on game during my last post, hence the ? after Baldands. As for where in Stormwind I started from, I had just portedin via the mage portal, so I was in the Mage Tunnel. From both there and Shalewind Canyon in Redridge, it was wanting me to go over the mountains to get to th valley that runs through Burning Steppes and Swamp of Sorrows.
                Last edited by eolewis; April 23, 2014, 04:16 PM. Reason: Somehow posted before I had finished with my post.

Comment

Ok, I just happened to have a low level toon that had none of the flight paths yet in EK that I did some testing on and it is trying to send to Redridge then straight into Swamp which can't be done. I'll make sure this is on the list for the team to figure out and fix.

Comment

Working...
                  X