OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A method to get guides working past 50 for everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A method to get guides working past 50 for everyone.

version 1.0.9113 update changes below for the data folder files

escape1979uk @ http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...eteran-Content
    has released a tool to automate the process.
    I have used it and it works perfectly I suggest everyone use this tool instead of manual editing until zygor does his vet update.

Hello everyone
    Now that the guides are at 50 please be aware that the vet support will be coming soon so keep on a lookout and reinstall the add-on or manually change the files in the guides/data folder to undo everything when the vet support gets released.

(if not done the guides will not load and zygor will just show a blank window with a bunch of ui errors)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok people here is the updated guide with a working quest progress and no errors “omg!”

First go to

C:\Users\username\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\addons\ZygorGuidesViewer\

First thing you need to do is go into the guide’s folder

No file name changing is needed!!!

And edit these file based on what faction you are originally from and what vet faction you are playing

LevelingAldmeriDominion.lua
    LevelingDaggerfallCovenant.lua
    LevelingEbonheartPact.lua

Now at the top of the file in notepad look for the 2 red marked initials as displayed below and edit them.

“local ZGV = ZygorGuidesViewer
    if not ZGV then return end
    if ZGVoMutex("LevelingDC") then return end
    if ZGV.Utils.GetFaction() ~= "DC" then return end
    ZGV:RegisterGuide("Ebonheart Pact Leveling Guides\\Bleakrock Isle (3-7)",[[“

Notice the faction initials? DC,AD,EP ?

What you need to do is change that to the original faction you are playing

In my case I am ebon heart cuz the other 2 are bad

So go into the for example daggerfall which is the VR for ebonheart and change the initials DC to EP
    Then go to ebonheart and change the initials EP to DC

You need to undo this when you beat the 2nd faction and move on to the third one like undo what you did for DC and do the same thing for AD now

Make sure not 1 of the three factions has the same initials, bad things will happen.

That’s the loading the guide part.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now onto the quest id’s npc id’s etc…

(This has to do with auto progress of the quests and interaction of npc’s that zygor detects,
    not doing this part will spam chat box with errors and you will need to manually press next step all the time)

Go into this folder

ZygorGuidesViewer\Data

And you will see the 3 faction folders,
    (You can do this in any order)

Go into the original faction in my case ebonheart and open each file in the folder and change the initials from EP to DC

Do this for all files

NpcData.lua
    local ZGV = ZygorGuidesViewer

ZGV._NpcDataDC = [[

ObjectData.lua

ZGV._ObjectDataDC = [[

QuestData.lua

ZGV._QuestDataDC = [[

QuestStepData.lua

ZGV._QuestStepDataDC = {

Now go into the VR faction which is daggerfall and change all the DC to EP like above

Now the dagger guides + ID’s will load for ebonheart players and the ebon heart guides + ids will not interfere since it has all DC initials
    And now you can enjoy the game.

Hope you all enjoy the game now =) until zygor released the VR fix for the addon

EDIT#1

Just a heads up
    I just noticed that add-on updates overwrites the files in the data folder so those files need to be modified again the guides folder remains unchanged.
    Last edited by inforcer007; May 2, 2014, 05:12 AM. Reason: modified files new method..

I love you!

Comment

Just an edit made about a really nice addon that just got released. (at bottom)

Comment

Thanks so much for this! Only issue I seem to be having is it not auto progressing quests. Any possible conclusion as to why that's not working? Or is the current workaround messing with the autoprogression system? Or is it just me? Heh

Comment

Ah finally the website is back up =)

The path auto progress works normal, it’s just quest objectives that don’t work.

From what I noticed the path follow part doesn’t rely on id’s like the quest parts it’s probably located in a different file where the ids for each faction is but it’s too much of a witch hunt, would be much easier if zygor told us.
          I am no programmer so this is all trial and error to me =)

In my case I just bind
          F1 key to prev step
          F2 key to next step

I never had to press next step when following but always used it when I has to progress a quest.

Key binds made it so much easier to deal with its somewhere at the bottom of the key binds section for zygor’s add-on
          If I have time I’ll look into it.

Currently in VR2 zone, did Glenumbra (daggerfall) perfectly with no issues with strictly following zygor arrow, and I am currently doing stormhaven right now so yeah no issues with incorrect locations etc.

Comment

nvm found the quest ids doing some tests and will post updated guide here soon

Comment

haha IT WORKED

ok posting an updated guide .. all is working now quest progress etc everything no errors either .. not even ui errors gimme a bit to type it all up

Comment

all done you guys may now do it read above

ah this is gr8 dont need to press next step button anymore lol.
                Last edited by inforcer007; April 17, 2014, 03:29 AM. Reason: exp :)

Comment

Thanks for this!

Comment

Just did your waypoint edit and it's all working great now. Thanks so much bud! Great discovery.

Comment

I take it you need all 3 factions guides for this to work?

Comment

Originally posted by escape1979uk View Post
                        I take it you need all 3 factions guides for this to work?
                        Indeed you do =)

(almost)

its pretty much the faction that will not load but you have after you are in new lands.

Comment

This is great, but any official word on this being put as a setting in the addon for 50+?

Comment

We will get this working after we finish polishing the guides off to level 50.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Good to hear

For now, this workaround works very well.

Just a feature request for the 50+, can you strip out the Guild quests, Harbourage quests etc so that they don't appear when they are not available?

Not sure how technically viable that is, but would certainly be nice

Comment

Working...
                              X