• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputations Guide - Order of The Cloud Serpent

Alliance
    Reputations Guide - Order of The Cloud Serpent
    Guide version: 4.0.8661

3 issues (so far): pictures given to save typing.
    Order of the Cloud Serpent - Step 2.jpg

Order of the Cloud Serpent - Step 6.jpg

Order of the Cloud Serpent - Step 13.jpg

Added to our list to get fixed.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, thanks but, I won't hold my breath until they're fixed. I merely reported what I encountered, and those were at the very beginning of the guide.

Comment

Regarding point 2 - the number will change when you return the captured hatchling, not when you initially capture it. That's always been the case with this type of quest.

Point 3 - your cloud serpent won't always have a quest for you.

Comment

Mzanker,

Regarding point 2 - Almost everywhere else in the guides, when there's a counter like (0/15), the guide knows and displays a users progress. You were vague when you said ".... with this type of quest", so I don't know how it's any different than others, especially since it has the counter in it. If the counter serves no purpose (and, it doesn't according to you), then why have it at all?

Comment

When he said this type of quest he meant with this particular quest (and a few others like it) you will not see your quest log (which we don't control) update the number of them collected until you take them back to the quest giver. Since we can only update the step based on the quest information given to us by Blizzard we can't update the numbers until the quest log shows the updated numbers. Since the quest log doesn't show updated numbers until you drag the little critters back to the quest giver the step won't update until that point in time.

Comment

Yep, what cabby said It depends what the quest's objective is and, in this case, it's returning a hatchling rather than merely capturing it.

Comment

Thanks to both of you, Cabby and Mzanker, for replying. It still baffles me that if I had only 4 or 5 of the required items and went clear over to turn them in, I'd have to then run back and gather more to complete that quest. I still don't know why the Zygor counter is there if it cannot serve any purpose. It confused me, and that's why I reported this. I thought it was a bug.

Edited: Actually, it is a bug, if it is there and serving no valid, intended purpose.
                Last edited by kreelor; April 5, 2014, 06:49 PM. Reason: it is a bug!

Comment

It's not a bug. It's purpose is to show you how many you still need to return to the quest NPC according to the quest log. If you think you have them all and run back to the NPC and you don't have them all then the counter will show you how many you still need because the ones you just turned in will finally be counted.

Comment

Yes, you'll find the quest in Hyjal that has you fetching and returning baby deer behaves the same way. They don't get counted until they are returned to the quest giver.

Comment

So.... that's another bug. LOL

This behavior is strange indeed. Almost everything else gets counted in the game (especially when Zygor has a counter 2/10, etc.), but not these few isolated instances. Weird. Okay. I'm done with this. Thanks for all your replies even though they don't explain why the counter is there since it serves no purpose while gathering required things. No biggie.

Comment

I really don't see what's strange about it. The Zygor counter follows the Blizzard one. If you want to complain to somebody, complain to Blizzard

Comment

im not able to find this guide in my reputations guide. has it been moved or am i missing something?

Comment

What Pandaria reputations do you see in the guide selection window?
                            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                            X