No announcement yet.

Notice About Elder Scrolls Online Leveling Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woot. I see the guide is updated towards lvl 28 for dominion...great work..im lvl 22. I stopped leveling when i reached the unpolished part :P (and went to an alt)

Now i can continue...great job

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      [...] The biggest trick/tip for dealing with the unpolished section is expect it to not work properly and that will help to reduce frustrations because expectations aren't being met.
      Yeah, unfortunately I think I'm going to have to curb it for now. The good news is that questing in ESO is ridiculously easy and an optimal route doesn't seem to make much difference at all. Perhaps if/when I make an alt it will be more effective at that point.

Comment

Is the polished level still lvl 28 cor A D or has that gone up?

Comment

As I recall from my WOW days there was a gear updater and a optimum build guide, any such plans for ESO?

Comment

Originally posted by henly1234 View Post
            As I recall from my WOW days there was a gear updater and a optimum build guide, any such plans for ESO?
            It all depends on how successful the ESO guides are. If there is a lot of support we will look into adding additional features like the Talent Advisor and the Gear System.
            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

can you make an option to tell it that you've already completed a quest if it sends you to a quest giver to receive a quest you've already completed?

I was already level 9 when I started using this and it often wants me to do a quest i've already done. Trying to skip ahead can be complicated since it often has you working on more than 1 quest at a time. be really nice if it could delete steps you've already completed.
              Last edited by fairchilr001; April 10, 2014, 08:35 PM.

Comment

This is something we can't do right now because ESO does not make the quest history available to addons. Until they add this into the addon API we have no idea what quests you have or haven't done.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  This is something we can't do right now because ESO does not make the quest history available to addons. Until they add this into the addon API we have no idea what quests you have or haven't done.
                  I understand that. That's why I was asking if we could manually tell it somehow we had completed it. Sorry if I wasn't clear that I meant the end user telling the proggy that the quest had been completed.

Say like you get to the quest giver and the program says "accept XX quest" maybe have a button next to the "accept XX quest" that you could click indicating it had been done already. Then it could skip all the steps associated with completing that quest.

Otherwise: AWESOME JOB on this program. it seems a great way to hit all the side quests that I would normally miss.
                  Last edited by fairchilr001; April 10, 2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

That wouldn't be something that's reasonable to do. There are thousands of quests in the game that we'd have to try to keep track of that way and that would be for each character. The files to keep all that information would get to be large pretty quickly. And that's not considering the memory usage that would be taken up by the same system to be able to search thru all those quests just to see if you did one and any given moment.

I know the team are looking at various ways to make it easier to find your spot in the guides which would help in the situation you're referring to, but it wouldn't help anyone who wanted to go back to see if they missed anything.

Comment

ok, the engine must work differently than I had imagined. I know if I complete a quest out of sequence - say it hadn't gotten to the quest yet and i did it (as long as i had it installed already at that point), once I got to that point it does know i completed it and skips steps.
                      Last edited by fairchilr001; April 10, 2014, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vem0m View Post
                        Don't know how you can read but not understand. The guides are complete, they are jsut not fully updated and polished. They are working on that now.
                        not fully updated and polished = not complete!

Aldmeri Dominion Guide: Updated and polished up to Level 34.
                        Daggerfall Covenant Guide: Updated and polished up to Level 38.
                        Ebonheart Pact Guide: Updated and polished up to Level 31.

Not complete!

im level 25 and im about to get to 30 in a couple of days or before that, sometimes the guide make you do one or two unnecessary turns, so is not a complete product until it works has it was anounced, so i read i understand but i already pay for something is not complete again why in the hell launch something is not complete really people i repeat myself is not like we arent buying the guides just sell them when the product is ready thats all i ask!!!

Comment

We live in a world of instant gratification. People wanted the guides and they were very upset that we didn't have them for sale on the 30th for early access. Sometimes you have to make a compromise with what the customers want. They wanted their guides now and didn't want to wait, hence this thread and the fact that they are on sale now.

Comment

The guide is working well as all zygor guides do so i am happy (leveling with this guide is smooth and easy).
                            The only bad issue i have with it is the pricing, 30$ each faction is not so cheap for a player which have to pay the game and the subscription, i hope to see special upgrade pricing like " if you buy one guide you pay the full price of 30$ if you buy 2 you have 20% discount on it (24 $) if you have 2 and want the third you will have 30% discount on it (21$). If I want all 3 guides i will pay 75$ instead off 90$ (this is a good discount for one old and good customer

Comment

Originally posted by cwilson228 View Post
                              arxerisdam.....go level on your own and don't purchase it. The guide in this stage is fantastic for the time they were allotted to actually work on it. I believe like most zygor fans that it can only get better.
                              thats the problem i already buy it!!!

but i dont think there is a refund for it. or there is ?.

besides thats my point why not wait until they have the whole guide complete and working, why launch a guide at different stages, it that was the deal they should have put that in the promotional we will launch the guide at different stages until is complete.

Comment

They had a disclaimer and thread up stating it wasnt completely finished BEFORE allowing people to buy it, I know this because I bought it the moment it came out.

Comment

Working...
                                X