OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really $75 for bundle! No early bird special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't find the 6 hour delay problematic, but the pricing has definitely made me reconsider purchasing them, which is a shame because I do like their guides. The pricing is just out of whack - no discount for existing customers, and no discount for early adopters, as there will be problems with the guides early on. Zygor has an excellent track record for updating their guides, so I wasn't put off by the disclaimer about lifetime updates to the guide. I do think ESO will be around for awhile, it's a far more solid game than I expected since the betas were underwhelming. I'd love the guides, but I'm not willing to pay that much.

Comment

Originally posted by coryh4225 View Post
      lol pay more for the guide than the game. They should have went with 20$ a piece or 50$ for all. Be much more reasonable and to be honest they would probably make more money with more people purchasing.
      I agree totally. At $30 each and $75 for the bundle this is way too much. $20/$50 is much more reasonable and I would get them at that price. At $75 I am going wait for a special to be offered.
      I expected better pricing especially for existing customers who already own some of your guides.

No release specials or existing customer discounts? very poor pricing...

Comment

The guides are brand new and like any brand new product they are sold at full price. Zygor has always been accommodating with discounts and sales all throughout the year and these guides will eventually go on sale as well.
        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
          The guides are brand new and like any brand new product they are sold at full price. Zygor has always been accommodating with discounts and sales all throughout the year and these guides will eventually go on sale as well.
          So sell them full price to new customers - offering some kind of discount to existing customers would go a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewc73 View Post
            So sell them full price to new customers - offering some kind of discount to existing customers would go a long way.
            This. Also the guides are warned to be buggy and to have issues, this should factor into the initial pricing, the delay and downtime should as well as customer loyalty. Like I said all it seems to me is that you want money, and more of it because the WoW guides are still priced too high in comparison to competitors and your sales have slowed so you want to corner a new market. I don't blame you but at least do it where it's not obvious.

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to buy all 3 at $50, or $20 each - but $75/$30 is too much.

Comment

I just noticed this in the email:

**NOTICE: DIABLO 3 GUIDE OWNERS** We didn't think it would be ready in time, but we were wrong! We've added the ability for you to purchase the Elder Scrolls Online Leveling Guides package bundle at a discounted price of $35. You can do this in the members area at the bottom of the page in the Products section.
                Why are WoW guide owners not being offered any kind of discount in the members section? Again, it's rather insulting.

Comment

Why are WoW guide owners not being offered any kind of discount in the members section? Again, it's rather insulting.
                  That discount is because they made a D3 guide and then discontinued it(as I fear they will when ESO stops making them money) which is why at $75 I really am not wanting to buy them.

Comment

Diablo 3 guide owners are being given a discount because they purchased a product that was discontinued shortly after they purchased it, and they did not receive refunds. We think this is fair for them to get a special discount.
                    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Fair enough, but customers who have purchased multiple guides from you (I own all of the WoW ones) don't deserve any kind of discount?

Comment

I just went ahead and bought them even though the price is way too steep in my opinion. Don't make me regret this purchase. I will support you guys and therefor ESO guides just please make sure to give us fast updates, and ample features and additions such as Skyshards without trying to milk us for more money. I don't feel that is asking too much or being unreasonable.

Comment

I'm going to hold off and enjoy the game without them right now - I'm not happy with the lack of discount for existing customers, so I'll wait it out for awhile and see if anything changes.

Comment

I'm going to hold off and enjoy the game without them right now - I'm not happy with the lack of discount for existing customers, so I'll wait it out for awhile and see if anything changes.
                            At this point that is incredibly doubtful as that would mean they would have to retroactively discount those who already bought them.

Now if I could just get my game to load...

Comment

Eh, they will discount them eventually. I can live without them for now, the game is new enough anyway to not matter. The lack of any kind of customer loyalty turned me off.

Comment

Just for the sake of argument, I'd like to submit something that is forgotten.

Those of us that have all the WoW guides, and got them from the very beginning, remember that there were astonishing improvements continually made. I seem to recall that once upon a time, there wasn't even an in-game component. Zygor added all of that stuff, the super injection system, and all the in-game add-on improvements AFTER I paid them. They didn't charge me more for it, and I didn't come here complaining about it If I were to compare what the WoW guides are now compared to what they were then, my standard would be that what they sold "then" wasn't worth the money. But it was. In fact, it was worth more, IMO.

As customers, it's important to know that this whole thing is a gamble for everyone. Zygor can't predict how well the game will take off, but the choice to buy now or wait until later is still yours. I went with now, and I have my disappointments, but I don't see any of them as failure on the part of the company. Since I wasn't aware of how much could be done during beta, my expectations were higher than they rationally should have been. That would be my only complaint - I don't think they were real upfront about how much of it was done during the big countdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X