Is this guide right for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this guide right for me?

As a player who is totally new to WoW, I'll apologize in advance for my total newbness! Also, if some of my questions are just general WOW questions as opposed to guide questions.

I'm currently at lvl 75 with my first toon. I got to lvl 49 before I discovered the Zygor guides and purchased the Leveling and Profession guides. Couldn't be happier, absolutely love them.

My understanding of how to acquire gear is a bit hazy however. I use the dungeon finder and quest and get gear that way. But as with all games, the object is to acquire the best gear the game has to offer.

So how does the guide help me achieve this specifically? Does this guide simply tell me where to farm/quest/dungeon crawl for the best gear? Again I apologize for my limited understanding on this matter. The guides I have purchased already have really showed/taught me a lot about the game, I hope this guide can help me get a better understanding of how to equip my toon with the best gear possible.

Thanks in advance

The Gear guide won't help with obtaining the 'best' in game because that is obtained thru raids and we don't cover raids at this time.

What the Gear guide will do is let you know which 5-man dungeons to run to get the upgrades over your current gear. It can do this now at 75 if you want to run some dungeons but I'd personally recommend waiting until you hit 90 and then look into gear upgrades. Any gear you get now at 75 will just be replaced in a few levels anyway so there's no real point in worrying about the gear right now.

You should have the gear suggestions going for you now without owning the Gear guide and that will help to direct you along the right path for gear. It might not be giving you the perfect piece of gear every time (that's always subject to debate) but it should give you good enough suggestions that you should be able to survive fairly well in most situations.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So it sounds like the guide will help me get the best gear that doesn't require raiding to achieve? Basically dungeons provide you with good gear until you are able to raid, which is where the top notch gear comes in, is that correct?

Comment

That's pretty much it. There is the scenarios which can provide some slightly better gear than the dungeons but you really have to grind for it.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thats great info, thanks again cabby

Comment

Working...
          X