Raid Gear w/o Raid Dungeon guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raid Gear w/o Raid Dungeon guide?

So I'm 90 I geared up as a Bear druid in timeless isle then started raiding. Then after 515 avg gear score I get talked into gearing my off spec Tree. I get a lot of healing gear right away then craft some and finally raid one week and get some gear.

So now I'm a half 528+ geared Tree and half 496 gear 511 avg. I could just run every raid every week till I out Ilvl a whole raid but I'd rather just have a guide to where the next Raid Ilvl for that slot drops. If I happen to get a better item from doing other raids awesome but knowing where to get the next upgrade would really help.

I know the gear guide doesn't do this yet, I have a friend that has it. I'd like to know if you have any plans or inclination on implementing this feature. I don't need a raid guide I just need a gear guide. I would especially love to know which boss is worth the extra raid roll for me.

About the bonus rolls I can recommend the Habeebit addon:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/habeebit
    You can then open a small window which shows the possible drops for your selected loot spec when the bonus rolls window comes up.

You can also use the dungeon journal to determine if a boss has something for your selected spec or if you better change the loot specialization before entering combat.
    The biggest problem is that in order to compare second spec equipment with possible loot you need to equip your second spec equipment.

Comment

I do not know if we'll really get into something like this. Right now our guides are geared toward the leveling aspect and raid gear is really end game stuff.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I just tested making a custon guide with the Immerseus LFR loottable and the items got shown in the gear guide window.
        So it is possible to insert LFR and raid gear into the gear suggestions.

However the tooltip of the button to load the guide still showed the name of the gear guide I copied to create my own guide.
        It seems the dungeonmap, dungeon, instanceID and encounterID are needed.

As dungeon guide some dummy guide could be created so no problems come up when clicking the button to open the guide.

But I'm pausing WoW until the next expansion, I only have a week gametime left. I can look into this further when WoD comes out.

Comment

Thank you, such a feature would be very helpful. I purchased the guide in anticipation of this feature knowing it might not be added but hearing that it sounds very plausible.

Comment

Working...
          X