This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputations Guide; Major cities aren't in the guide

Why doesn't the Reputations Guide include all the steps/achievements, etc. necessary to become 'Exalted' with cities, like Stormwind City? Major cities aren't even included, yet, having Exalted reputation (for example) can reduce the cost of upgrading flying mounts significantly, as well as other perks. I'm just wondering why there isn't a guide to follow for achieving such things. I thought that was what the "Reputations Guide" was supposed to do, or at least to have included.

Open guide selection window, go into the Reputations section, next into Azeroth, then select Home Cities Reputation guide.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Open guide selection window, go into the Reputations section, next into Azeroth, then select Home Cities Reputation guide.
      Sorry Cabby, but clicking on Home Cities doesn't open a list of cities. It simply does nothing.
      Last edited by kreelor; February 26, 2014, 04:35 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

Something is screwy on your end. I just popped in game and loaded that guide (Alliance side) perfectly fine. Please try doing a fresh install of the guides and/or disabling all other addons to see if anything is interfering with the guide loading.

Comment

Cabby, as I'm writing this, the Zygor updater is still working (I think?). Before disabling all my other addons, I wanted to see if Zygor needed repairing in order to fix the issue. So, over an hour ago, I clicked on the Repair button (on the Updater screen) and the progress bar (the one that keeps refilling with the green color) has not stopped. Neither is my hard disk drive activity light, nor my router's activity light flashing. Unless it's supposed to take this long to repair, it appears to be stuck. I have all Zygor guides except for the Pets and Mounts and Dungeons and Gear Guides. How long should it take under these circumstances to finish?

Edit: It says "Listing local files...".
          I presume that mean MY local files. But, since my HDD isn't showing activity, I'm beginning to wonder.
          Last edited by kreelor; February 26, 2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Still haven't gotten a reply. I'm going to risk corrupting something by clicking the "X" located next to the "Listing local files...." thing. I looked for a sticky on the forum about 'reinstalling' the guides I have already. I found only one that told how to 'install the guides, including the Updater' -- which I don't need. Neither have I found a step-by-step procedure which might state if I first need to delete the Zygor addon from the addon folder, or the WoW Cache, or anything else which may be pertinent, etc. No info on forum, but it would have been nice to find simple, plain directions on "How To Reinstall Your Zygor Guides." I've wasted far too much time waiting for this "Repair" thing and/or a reply. That button serves no purpose if it doesn't work, and for me it's not working.

Comment

I got it fixed and found out why I couldn't find the list of cities (where I expected to see them listed). When clicking on the Azeroth tab, nothing appeared on the right side of the screen, the way it does in the other reputations guides. It's just blank! Therefore, there was no list of cities -- until AFTER clicking on the "Accept" button at the bottom of the screen! That isn't intuitive. It should list the Home Cities for Azeroth in the right-side column (panel) so that I could select Stormwind (for example) --- and then click "Accept!" Geesh. You knew that already by experience, and didn't inform me, just like the guide UI itself doesn't inform users to do it. It's bizarre to me to have to accept something without first selecting the desired choice, such as the city I wanted. There was absolutely no need to disable all other addons or reinstall all the guides!!

Comment

The Updater will sometimes get hung up when doing a Repair. In the future if it gets hung up like that and it takes more than a minute or two then close the Updater and start it again and it will be alright. And I'd say an hour for reply time isn't too bad unless you expect me to sit here and refresh the forum every 5 minutes during every waking moment of my life.

And while it might not seem like the way you would do it the Home Cities guide is what it is. We used to have it broken up into individual guides but once reputation aspects were changed around for the Home Cities there was no longer a need to have all those big guides and it was condensed into one guide. This is how it is and you're the only one to complain about it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  The Updater will sometimes get hung up when doing a Repair. In the future if it gets hung up like that and it takes more than a minute or two then close the Updater and start it again and it will be alright.
                  Maybe a hint in the Updater window should be there, since it's a known, potential issue.

And I'd say an hour for reply time isn't too bad unless you expect me to sit here and refresh the forum every 5 minutes during every waking moment of my life.
                  Your last post to me was 3 hours ago as I write this, and I've been hitting the refresh every 10 to 15 minutes, just hoping for some helpful advice for that length of time. This issue took way too long to resolve (by guessing) without it. I saw that their were no other new posts on the forum, so I thought my new one would have gotten a rather quicker reply for a game-stopping issue related to the zygor guides.

And while it might not seem like the way you would do it the Home Cities guide is what it is. We used to have it broken up into individual guides but once reputation aspects were changed around for the Home Cities there was no longer a need to have all those big guides and it was condensed into one guide. This is how it is and you're the only one to complain about it at this point.
                  That doesn't explain why the UI doesn't inform users to click the Accept button to actually get to the guide you are talking about, which only then lists the cities.
                  "Accept"? Accept what?! -- It's just not logical.

Yes, I complained. I'm sorry I was grumpy about it, but it wasted too much of my time. No need to reply. I'm done with this topic. The improvement I suggested would never have seen the light of day anyway.

Comment

First, the post you complained about how long it was taking for a reply was posted 1 hour before I replied to it. Where you're getting 3 hours from is beyond me.

Second, you selected a guide on the left, not a folder. All guides when selected on the left require you to click the Accept button to load them. You should have loaded enough guides by now to know this.

Comment

Working...
                    X