X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunar Festival

Alliance
    Step 6-7
    --Travel guide told me to fly to Light's Hope Chapel to "Talk to Elder Snowcrown."

I just started the Lunar Festival guide a few minutes ago. Except for a few minor things, and this error, the guide is working great -- especially with my Mage, which allows distant travel much faster and easier.

Here's the 1st error I encountered. I don't see that Zygor caught and reported the error caused by any other addon?
    --------------
    Date: 2014-01-21 01:48:47
    ID: 1
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    Message: ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua line 2646:
    {{...\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\Node.lua line 42:
    attempt to concatenate field 'num' (a nil value)}}
    Debug:
    [C]: error()
    ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:2646: OnUpdate()
    ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:730:
    ...ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\LibRover-1.0.lua:730
    Locals:
    (*temporary) = "{{...\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Libs\LibRover-1.0\Node.lua:42: attempt to concatenate field 'num' (a nil value)}}"

AddOns:
    Swatter, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucAdvanced, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucFilterBasic, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucFilterOutlier, v5.18.5433.5347(5.18/embedded)
    AucMatchUndercut, v5.18.5433.5364(5.18/embedded)
    AucScanData, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucStatHistogram, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucStatiLevel, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucStatPurchased, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucStatSales, v5.18.5433.5376(5.18/embedded)
    AucStatSimple, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucStatStdDev, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucStatWOWEcon, v5.18.5433.5323(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.18.5433.5347(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilAppraiser, v5.18.5433.5427(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilAskPrice, v5.18.5433.5347(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.18.5433.5415(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilCompactUI, v5.18.5433.5427(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.18.5433.5427(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilFixAH, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.18.5433.5417(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.18.5433.5427(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilScanButton, v5.18.5433.5403(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilScanFinish, v5.18.5433.5347(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilScanProgress, v5.18.5433.4979(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilScanStart, v5.18.5433.5347(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilSearchUI, v5.18.5433.5373(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.18.5433.5415(5.18/embedded)
    AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.18.5433.4828(5.18/embedded)
    Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
    BeanCounter, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    Carbonite, v5.4.0 alpha 2
    CarboniteInfo, v1.0
    CarboniteNodes, v1.02
    CarboniteNotes, v1.1
    CarboniteQuests, v1.0
    CarboniteSocial, v1.0
    CarboniteTransfer, v1.01
    CarboniteWarehouse, v1.0
    Configator, v5.1.DEV.344(/embedded)
    DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.337(/embedded)
    Informant, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.355(/embedded)
    Notebook, v5.3.0.12
    Stubby, v5.18.5433 (PassionatePhascogale)
    TipHelper, v5.12.DEV.351(/embedded)
    ZygorGuidesViewer, v4.0
    BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.4.2.50400 <us>
    (ck=838)

--------------------
    Last edited by kreelor; January 22, 2014, 03:09 PM.

Lunar Festival-Step 18 loops repeatedly

Alliance
    Lunar Festival
    Step 18 'loops' between entering the portal and exiting the same portal.

Once inside the portal, Zygor says to leave through the same portal. Both are on Step 18. If I'm in the wrong place, then I must have misunderstood where the guide was actually telling me to go to. This is the only place which seemed logical, according to the guide's travel system?

Step 18_loops-in-and-out-of-portal.jpg
    Step 18.jpg

Comment

The team were out of the office yesterday so they're working on this today to make sure it's updated for all the game changes since it ran last year. Until they get a chance to run thru it and update it you might find some bugs. As long as there are no major programming issues to deal with it should be updated later today or possibly tomorrow.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, thank you for your reply. I was wondering where everybody went!.

It's so unusual that we have not had the Zygor Updater offer fixes lately. I also noticed that somebody has decided to revert back to the old method of typing vague, nondescript text regarding the changes (in the Update Logs). It's once again nearly worthless info for users at the sake of convenience for whoever creates that log. Oh, well. I have a picture I can post (another gripe), if you have the desire to read it. heh heh

Comment

That was a quick release that wasn't originally scheduled to happen but needed to get out to fix a bug that was causing an LUA error. The person who normally does the logs wasn't the one doing that release on Sat.

Comment

Lunar Festival ends in just a little over 1 week from now. I'm really hoping someone can go through the event and fix what needs fixing. At my age, I'm probably not as fast as most of you, therefore I'm hoping I still have time to complete the event quests before it ends. -- I'd hate to have to wait another year to roll around again.

Comment

That was done on Tuesday kreelor, we even sent out an email to the newsletter.

Comment

Guide update 4.0.7906

Still looking for "Elder Stoneport".

I went back today to try again, yet the guide keeps telling me to 'enter the portal,' then once I'm inside, it tells me to 'exit the portal'. Was this particular guide step fixed? If so, maybe you can tell me if I'm misunderstanding what to do. To me, I'm simply doing what the guide says, via it's Travel System and the comments. Sorry.
                I did run around killing and looking for him, but didn't really know where in this maze of passages, floor levels, etc. to find him.

Step 18 - Looking for Elder Stonefort.jpg

Comment

Ok, I see what's happening but I'm not sure wherein lies the problem. This might be a travel system issue or it might be something wrong with the step coordinates. I'll let the team know so they can get it fixed.

In a nutshell, you're in the wrong spire. You're in Hall of Blackhand but you need to be in Hordemar City. This could be that the travel system is taking you to the wrong portal, or there's another portal on a different height (like below or above you) that you need to use to enter and that would need a tip added to the step to help you find it.

Edit: Content team think they know what's causing it so please see if it's working properly for you then after the next update.
                  Last edited by cabby; January 23, 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I did this step on a char last night. If I recall correctly, go straight ahead until you see a downward set of stairs on your right. Take those (5-6 steps). Then go left and hug the wall. Go past a couple of groups of NPCs (they won't like you). then follow the slope downward. You should see the elder off to your left. You'll have to cross the little wooden bridge and fight another group of NPCs.

Comment

Sorry about the wall of text.

Thanks deleon for your suggestion.

You said:
                      "..... If I recall correctly, go straight ahead until you see a downward set of stairs on your right."
                      But, you forgot to mention the exact starting point from which to then "go straight ahead...". That makes all the difference in the world, since I could have been anywhere, facing any direction, and then tried walking straight ahead. hehe.

Anyway, I finally managed to find the 2 Elders in the Blackrock Mountain area. It took me over 4 hours! But, shortly after that, I found about a dozen other Elders who weren't inside dungeons, and that took me only about 15-20 minutes! But, many of those I had to find without following Zygor's Travel Arrow suggestions. It seems to be quite broken.

The real problems began when I was sent to Kalimdor to find Elders. Zygor's Travel System failed completely and was useless. If it wasn't for Carbonite's maps, I couldn't have done anything at all. I gave up when Zygor told me to drop into a Horde city which had a complete army of nearly 100 lvl 90 soldiers and tanks and they were shoulder-to-shoulder in tight formation surrounding the Elder! I had to switch to my own Horde char merely to talk to that Elder, and I'm not even sure if using 2 different chars will still allow me to complete the Lunar guide. I just don't know.

After that, when the Travel System "stuck" on telling me to return to "Razor Hill, Durotar" for every quest for finding a new Elder, I cursed loudly and shut my computer off.
                      See image below.
                      I was standing in Winterspring where the Elder was located, but the guide was still telling me to go to Razor Hill, Durotar! This is only 1 of many images I could have provided, since the situation with the arrow was constant. Typing /re didn't resolve it. Logging off then on again didn't resolve it.
                      Travel System and Guide steps are messed up.jpg

The guide is NOT working properly, most especially within dungeons!. At least, it isn't for me. And, I was using the most recent guide update. It looks to me like it was rushed to make it available, but it has many confusing issues and I really doubt that Zygor had some third-party simi-novice player test it; someone who had never been in any of those dungeons and learned the routes by heart! I'm done working on this silly Lunar guide. It's a waste of time, and there's not enough time left to complete the entire thing. Nevertheless, I still appreciate all the attempts made by everyone to help me with it.
                      Last edited by kreelor; January 24, 2014, 11:53 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

Kreelor,

I had started the guide on one toon (a level 85 Paladin) and made it as far as Goldshire before calling it quits so you've progressed much further than I have. To quote Mr. T "I pity the fool!" who tries this guide at a much lower level. I did do Blackrock in the past on several toons when they were appropriate level for the dungeons. Problem I had was with Blackrock Depths -- I could see on the map where it was sending me but I went down to the left instead of up to the right to get into the right chamber for the Elder. But once you get inside the chamber, the gates lock behind you and you need to fight the spiders and such before they open back up -- all part of the instance mechanics. I was hoping for more quest experience than I was getting from this -- I just don't feel like running Jade Forest etc again leveling a fifth toon to 90 and there wasn't any monetary reward.

Unless your ultimate goal is the "Long Strange Trip" title, I think this event gets a pass from me.

Comment

Utilising this thread since it is aptly named.

Alliance Ancestry Coins optimised route worked a treat. It took me on a route that got me to every coin in a timely fashion and if a dungeon was nearby it was included.
                          Horde Ancestry Coins optimised route was a complete stuff up. Instead of being like the Alliance version where for instance when starting it gets you to do the Eastern Kingdoms including dungeons and Cata zones it just wants you to do the Eastern Kingdom Elders excluding the Dungeon Elders and Cata Elders.
                          To simplify:
                          Alliance Route: All of Eastern Kingdom (dungeons and Cata Elders included) > All of Kalimdor (dungeons and Cata Elders included) > All of Northrend (dungeon Elders included).
                          Horde Route: Vanilla EK Elders > Vanilla Kalimdor Elders > Northrend Elders > Cata Elders > Dungeon Elders.

For next years wouldn't it just be easier to copy and paste the Alliance route for Horde to use?

Is it also possible to make the route more intelligent so it takes into consideration the types of teleportation methods used and adjusts the route slightly to make detours to include close by Elders as you make your way back to the official route?

Comment

I noticed the problems with the Horde guide too, the Alliance one is well optimised while the Horde ony basically only has all the parts put together one after the other.

Is it also possible to make the route more intelligent so it takes into consideration the types of teleportation methods used and adjusts the route slightly to make detours to include close by Elders as you make your way back to the official route?
                            Do you mean that for example a mage can use a better route due to his teleportation spells?
                            This would be difficult. You can however always leave the path of the guide to pick up Elders anywhere on your own, the guide will automatically skip those already done later on.
                            If you pick up all the capital city Elders via mage teleport before starting the guide it won't tell you to pick them up again. However the basic route of the guide will still be the same. There's no way to make the route totally dynamic unless there would be completely different routes depending on your available teleportation methods (mole machine to Blackrock or Kirin Tor ring to Dalaran for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                              I noticed the problems with the Horde guide too, the Alliance one is well optimised while the Horde ony basically only has all the parts put together one after the other.
                              After looking over the Elders Optimized Path, I can see no real difference along the route of the Horde Guide and the Alliance Guide. I do see the dungeons put in at the end of the guide, rather than along the path (this was due to make sure everyone wanted to go into the dungeons).
                              Could you let me know more about the path being optimized to suite your needs better?
                              Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
                              X