Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking: "A Present for Teacher" quest isn't mentioned by Zygor

Alliance, Pandaria
    Cooking: The "A Present for Teacher" quest isn't mentioned by Zygor. And, there are several other things which Zygor doesn't include in the guide(s). For instance, Nomi, the cooking student. I went to wowhead to find information, but the info is so vague as to be useless to me. There's no references at all anywhere in Zygor. I'm just wondering why cooking stopped after I completed the Way of the Grill. Yet, some of these things are required quests, even if they are for reputation, or whatever else. To me, Zygor just shouldn't stop where it did. Please explain.

A Present for Teacher - quest.jpg

Not everything in the game is in the guides. We always have to decide if the reward is worth the time investment to create and maintain the guides. For this instance you're looking at a vanity item reward that has no real function other than to make you look pretty in game so we didn't feel the reward was worth the time investment. This is something anyone can do without really needing a guide.

First grab that http://www.wowhead.com/item=86425 and use it to summon and dismiss Nomi. Now each day you'll have a lesson to do from Nomi which is quick and simple. You'll be able to purchase the items each day from Sungshin Ironpaw for the quests with the exception of the 3rd lesson in which you'll need to fish up Golden Carp each day. Once you've maxed out on the rep for Nomi then you'll get this apron and can do a daily quest (just talk to Nomi to complete) that will give you an Ironpaw Token for shopping.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I had the Cooking Bell already.

Thanks Cabby for explaining. You explained a lot, but I'm not quite clear on the quest I mentioned. Does that quest pop-up somewhere during the time that I'm building rep with Nomi? Does she give the quest? At this point, I can only assume you meant that she will.

About this or these kinds of quests not being implemented into Zygor because you say they are vanity quests. Nowhere in the game did I see Blizzard mention that this was an optional or a vanity quest. It just looked exactly like my Cooking Profession still had more things to work on! As far a "looking pretty," I don't give a hoot! I still have no idea what the end result of following this thing through to the end will be. Maybe it's a waste of time and resources? Same thing for that "board" standing next to the garden plots with all those choices of "Work Orders" to complete. I have no idea what its value is for me. Zygor never mentioned that either. And, of course Blizzard never offers any meaningful info, beyond vague clues.

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Comment

The end result of following thru with Nomi is that apron and the ability to get 1 free Ironpaw Cooking Token each day. Once you've done all the lessons with Nomi and have attained max rep with her you'll get this quest and the apron from Nomi.

The board at your farm is to raise reputation with the different MoP factions. The reputation gain isn't really a big one but it's something you can do other than going and doing their dailies. If you already have max rep for a faction then it's a complete waste of time.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
        X