OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engineering Guide: Wintergrasp - Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineering Guide: Wintergrasp - Really?

So I'm leveling an engineer/miner, and when I finished cobalt, I was shocked, yes, SHOCKED to find out that when I followed the marching ants to work on saronite all of a sudden I was in Wintergrasp and was being notified that I was about to be dismounted.

I assumed that Wintergrasp was the closest saronite, and that as soon as I got to Sholazar Basin that it would shift over to SB. Nope.

Why on earth does the Engineering guide force folks into Wintergrasp? I understand that Wintergrasp is heavy on saronite, but some people aren't into PvP and don't like to go there. Couldn't we at least get a choice?

Luckily this is not my first miner so I shifted over to the mining guide, and after I got to level 425 (which wasn't anywhere near the amount of saronite I need for engineering) I knew enough - thank you Cabby - to change to the farming guides. Some customers might not be that experienced.

I totally understand your point and I'm not sure why it's sending you to Wintergrasp. I'll get this on our bug list to get sorted out.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The Horde Engineering guide uses Sholazar to farm Saronite.

There are also other differences between Alliance and Horde guide.
      The amount of Cobalt and Saronite to farm is different and the Alliance guide has no farming step for 6 Frostweave Cloth. They are in the AH step but not in the farming section, Horde guide has a farming step.

And there's a typo in a step:
      .learn 8 Volatile Blasting Trigger##53281

The "8" should not be there. Not sure if the step works or not with it though.

Comment

I believe some of the material differences between the Alliance & Horde guides is from making different amounts due to access to different recipes.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          I believe some of the material differences between the Alliance & Horde guides is from making different amounts due to access to different recipes.
          We are currently working on the Engineering guides, which requires us to work through one faction, then later use the amounts and such for the other faction down the road. We will look into the issues contained in this thread and ensure they are included in the updates to the Engineering guide.

Comment

Working...
          X