Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be possible?

Would this be possible?

I accidentally bough the same item twice, at $700 gold each! It happened after a week or more had passed, so I had forgotten that I purchased it. There is no indication at all the I had the item already. I think either the Carbonite or the Auctioneer addon normally display what I have, how many, etc. but, it doesn't seem to work here. Would this be one of those 'impossible' things for Zygor to determine to help avoid mistakes like this?

Nats Fishing Journal.jpg

Well, that's one of those items that you can purchase and use multiple of. A lot of people will buy a few of them and send to an alt to get the fishing skill up high without wasting hours fishing.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Due to lacking reputation with Nat Pagle I cannot test this specific item.
      But normally Altoholic and Bagnon item count tooltips are reliable. I tested with a normal armor heirloom at a vendor and Altoholic shows which character I already have it on.

Edit: sure it is possible to add this functionality to the Zygor guide. But it woudl require messing around with the tooltips which can interfere with other addons and if you have Bagnon and Altoholic and other addons that have this functionality you need to configure all those addons so that only one of them shows the item count.
      Last edited by Cartman; December 8, 2013, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Cabby, the item pop-up description says the item is "Battle.net Account Bound," so why would anyone "want" to buy several of them? Doesn't accepting this item the first time make it available on all alt chars on the same account?

Comment

This item is consumable meaning you can only use it once and then it disappears. It's not like the grand commendations that count for all characters with one purchase, this is more like heirloom items that you can purchase and mail to your other toons. Account Bound just means you can't sell the item to other people, but you're allowed to mail it to other toons on your account. For Nat's Fishing Journal what this means is for every 700g you're willing to spend to purchase 1 book you can send that to any toon and give them an instant 50 point boost in the fishing skill (up to the 600 max skill). This means you can spend 8400g to purchase 12 books and use them to raise an alt's fishing skill from 1-600 without having to waste endless boring hours fishing.

Comment

...use them to raise an alt's fishing skill from 1-600 without having to waste endless boring hours fishing.
            That is wonderful news to me! I certainly wish I had known that before now. LOL. Now, if I could only do the same thing to increase Reputations. heh heh

Thank you!

BTW... I sold the one I thought was an "extra" one to a vendor the other day. Geeesh!

============
            Related questions. I'm still confused on how these things actually work.

-- Is this an "extra" Grand Commendation which I need to keep in my char's bag, or did I somehow purchase it twice, too?

-- Is it in "Use" by default, or do I have to do something else? I'm asking that because it is taking up space in my bags. Sorry, Cabby, about my lack of understanding.

Grand Commendation - Use.jpg

Comment

You will need to right click on it to use it. Once you use a grand commendation you should see a new symbol (forget what it was but think maybe an up arrow) on the reputation window to indicate that all your characters will have a boost to rep earned.

Just be careful, the grand commendations can be purchased again and if you do purchase it again after having used one then that's a waste of gold.

Comment

Well, it looks like a purchased a duplicate of this one, too. It doesn't do anything when I right-click on it. I'm disappointed that when hovering my mouse over the vendor's icon, it doesn't say "Already learned" like it does for nearly everything else in the game. That's the only reason I bought it twice (as well as the other I mentioned). Oh well... a lack of consistency in UI. Live and learn! lol
                Thanks, Cabby.

Comment

Working...
                X